Chapter Eighteen • Did I Make the Team?

The weekend had soon flown by and Monday arrived, today was a very important day for Estella as Oliver Wood, would be announcing who had made the quidditch team. Estella had strongly hoped that she would make the team.

During lunchtime, the students who had tried out for the team all gathered at the pitch with the rest of the quidditch team.

"You've all gotten your own strengths and weaknesses," Oliver began, "But unfortunately, I can only chosen one of you to join my team." He said as he looked at each one of the faces in front of him.

"Pete," He started as Pete's face beamed with excitement, "You have a great spirit for the game, however, your balance was a bit off." Pete's smile then faded.

"I'm sorry, Pete, you did not make the team." He told him as Pete trudged off the field, Oliver then turned towards Archie Rooke.

"Archie," Oliver started, Archie had gone a bit pale in the face as he waited for Oliver's notes.

"You certainly have the qualities of a brilliant beater, however you also weren't able to keep up with Harry." Estella watched as Oliver made a face as he thought of what to do with Archie.

"I'm sorry Archie, I cannot replace Fred nor George." Oliver told him, Archie then sighed as he left the field after Pete.

Oliver then turned towards his final two choices, it would either be Talia or Estella now. Talia looked quite sure that she would make the team, she even wore a sly smile as if she had already known she would make it.

"Talia Kingsmen," Oliver started, "Yes captain?" Talia chuckled making Oliver raise an eyebrow.

"Talia you are a brilliant keeper, but you also couldn't seem to keep up with Harry either." Oliver started and Talia rolled her eyes, "I could easily work on keeping up with him."

"However, your attitude isn't exactly what Gryffindor needs." Oliver told her plainly, making Talia stop and stare at Oliver.

"Bu-" She started but Oliver stopped her, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave the field, Talia." Oliver told her.

With that, Estella watched as Talia stomped away.

Finally Oliver Wood turned to Estella, Estella looked back at him as he smiled.

"And Estella Rose," Oliver started, "Ive watched you play and you put up quite the fight, your brother was certainly right about you." He smiled.

"Welcome to the team." He said as he outstretched his hand towards Estella who took it.

"Thanks, captain." Estella smiled.

"I cannot believe I got the spot on the team!" Estella squealed as herself, Alicia and Angelina walked down the corridors to their next class.

"You deserved it, you played a good game at try-outs." Angelina smiled, "Great job landing a spot of the team, Stella." Fred said as he came up from behind Estella and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah, Ella, with you on the team we'll destroy the other teams." George said as he put an arm around Estella's other shoulder.

"Awe, thanks guys!" Estella smiled as her hair became a bright pink and her cheeks flushed.

"I can't wait until our first match," Estella smiled,

"It'll be nice to be on the field again." Alicia said as both Angelina and Estella said goodbye to their friends before the two girls rounded the corner to their next classroom.

The girls both had care of magical creatures together, Estella decided to give the class another shot this time.

The girls walked into the classroom to find a note attached to the door that read.