two

02 | the ultimatum

"WE'RE TRAPPED. THE FIRST ORDER LOCKED US IN."

MAIN RESISTANCE SHIP, ILLENIUM SYSTEM-

Leaving the Resistance base had been nothing but chaos.

People had scrambled around the base for about an hour trying to prepare and gather everything that they possibly could as the threat of the First Order grew nearer and nearer to the Resistance's base. Poe and Kyra had run through the crowds, packing all of their personal belongings that they could possibly manage into a small box before reporting back to the main headquarters.

From there, assignments had been issued out for everyone to complete for the evacuation. The X-Wing pilots were sent to prep their ships, the charters were to plan out a course that would lead the Resistance to safety, and Kyra was to stay by General Organa's side- something she despised and appreciated at the same time.

Kyra had said her hasty goodbyes to Poe, a quick kiss of good luck and a promise in the two of their eyes that they would get themselves out of whatever mess the First Order had dragged them into again going unspoken as they parted. Even then, in the moment, Kyra hoped that whatever was out there in the galaxy would allow for Poe to return back.

This time around, the stakes were higher.

Fox had joined the ranks of the X-Wing pilots, his knowledge as Kyra's former pilot himself making him a quick fit for the X-Wing crews, the man being welcomed into Poe's crew with open arms. Everyone seemed to grow accustomed to him rather quickly, but it still worried Kyra that he was going out there to fight when he had barely just been brought out of the First Order.

She knew why he was fighting though- to get Silas back eventually. The two had been inseparable when they had run missions together, and Kyra knew that the separation was most likely killing Fox. He had to get his partner back, and if he had to test himself and earn the trust of the Resistance by risking his life to try and initiate a rescue mission for the man, he would do so.

The rest of the Resistance had loaded into various ships to travel the galaxy in quickly, as to make sure that if the First Order got ahold of any of the ships, the entire Resistance wouldn't go down with it. Generals had been scattered through the ships, smaller transports that were able to make the jump to hyperspace alongside the main transport, which was where General Organa- or Leia, as the woman made Kyra call her now (she wasn't all that excited with the idea that her niece would call her by such a formal title) was located.

Kyra was inside of that ship as well, standing by with some of the other higher ups that Leia trusted inside of the transport, the woman spotting Finn a couple of paces away at another station, probably helping some of the other transports plot a course out with the ships that the First Order had brought.