six

06 | a reunion of sorts

"GOD, I MISSED YOU SILAS

"GOD, I MISSED YOU SILAS."

SNOKE'S SHIP, FIRST ORDER-

 "What are you doing here?"

Kyra sat in silence and shock in that moment, almost surprised why her friend was asking that question. He knew exactly why she was there in that moment, and he knew exactly the reason why she had come. Why would she not come? Why would she not be here, in an instant, to save her best friend? Her family? Why would he even bother asking that question?

"What am I doing here?" She repeated, staring into his eyes in the darkness, barely able to make out his face from the shadows that seemed to loom over them booth. Kyra was at a loss for words. She knew damn well that he probably already knew the answer, which made it all the more pointless. "Si, I- I couldn't lose you like this. Not after everything that I've- that we've been through to get to this point. I couldn't just let you die!"

"Well you should've!" Silas snapped, wrenching his hand away from Kyra's, the woman stumbling back in shock. It was an understatement to say that she was startled by the quick switch from the man that the woman remembered to someone so easily upset and temperamental. Seeing the startled look in Kyra's eyes as she started to slide away from him, Silas sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry Kai. I-I didn't mean to scare you it's just-"

He paused as he struggled for the right words. Silas was never one to sugarcoat things, the two of them knew that. But in that moment, every bone in his body was telling him to lie to his best friend, to hide the truth of the horrors that she was going to experience now that she was back inside of the First Order with him. Because from what he had heard- the whispers through the vents and the things that he had seen- Silas was more scared for his friend's life than his own.

"Their plans? I have no clue what they want from you. Or why they want you back so desperately, for that matter. The First Order never does this type of thing." He acknowledged the obvious, seeing Kyra roll her eyes at the blatant fact. "Kyra- if they're doing it? They're doing it for a reason." Silas warned, trying to stop himself from thinking of all of the horrible things that had happened to him under capture. He wasn't sure of much in that moment, but he was sure of one thing- whatever they did to him was most certainly nothing in comparison to what they were going to do with her.

Sucking in a quick breath, Kyra gave a sigh as she muttered her next words, knowing that Silas wasn't going to like a bit of what he was about to hear. "Yeah, well, I know why. And the reason isn't exactly what you'd expect." She sighed, turning so that her back was against the wall, resting her head against the cell's wall for support, her face tilted towards the ceiling. "I'm Skywalker's kid."

"Skywalker? As in, Master Jedi Luke Skywalker that's been missing for almost two decades Luke Skywalker?"

A small glare from Kyra told Silas everything that he needed to know, the fear and frustration in her eyes obvious to what she was distressed about. "Okay, noted. And you've... talked to him about this?" Silas questioned carefully, seeing Kyra's face fall as he brought up the question, making him almost instantly regret the choice.