five

05 | snap the trap with skywalker bait

"YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH MUCH, I'M AFRAID

"YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH MUCH, I'M AFRAID. I'M THE ONE WITH THE LEVERAGE HERE."

SNOKE'S STAR DESTROYER-

There was a sinking feeling inside of Kyra's stomach as the moment at hand grew nearer and nearer.

She was weaponless and being forced into a situation that was less than ideal- a confrontation with the leader of the First Order. It was a man (if the stories were true, she wasn't sure if he could even be classified as a man) Kyra had hoped never to encounter, inside of the First Order and outside.

Yet here she was, being escorted by her own cousin (who now knew that they were cousins, which only made the entire situation at hand so much worse than it had been a few moments before), whose grip on her arm was skin tight. There was a glowering look of hatred on Kyra's face as she made a point to try and move from where he held her, barely even getting a glance from the man who towered over her.

His mask showed no emotion in the moment, something that Kyra really wished wasn't happening right now. She wanted a better read of the room, a better read on whatever Kylo Ren was planning with her here. Because she had been certain that death was the only thing on the table after Kyra had obliterated the Star Killer base that was so precious to the First Order, and especially after she had almost died to the man a little over a month earlier.

Yet the lightsaber that was attached to the belt of Ren (which Kyra totally wasn't eyeing, thinking about a way to break herself out of the grasp and use as a threatening point even if she couldn't wield it) hung unused, not a danger to the woman. The blaster that he had taken from her was just casually resting in his other hand, almost begging to be stolen back again. Everything that was happening was against the regular norms and protocols that the First Order would have when dealing with a prisoner.  It was all so strange.

Why would they take the chance of getting her back alive when there was such a better advantage for the First Order if she was dead?

Her thoughts overwhelmed her as the long and black hallway stretched on, the lights on the side of the walls the only indication of any light as Ren continued to move her down the pathway. There had to be some sort of way for her to escape the confrontation that was sure to occur at the end of this hallway, or at least give herself some leverage over the conversation.

Giving herself a metaphorical high ground, so to speak.

"You know, I'm surprised you haven't even tried to escape yet." Ren remarked smugly, his tone obvious as the two continued to walk, his mask inclining slowly to stare down at the annoyed Kyra, whose eyes were staring straightforward, seeing the small hint of red towards the end of the hallway. She knew what that red meant- it meant that they were getting closer, and Ren was trying to antagonize her.