seven

07 | two lost, two betrayed

"YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME."

ABANDONED RESISTANCE BASE, CRAIT-

Three days.

It had been three days since Kyra had willingly left the Resistance.

Three days since she had walked herself back into a death sentence. Three days since she had left the Resistance and Poe alongside it. Three days since she had sacrificed all of her happiness for the life of another.

Poe still didn't understand why she did it. Kyra was illogical in so many ways- just when he thought he understood her, there was always something else that was holding her back. Why she couldn't leave the First Order, her reservations about actually joining the Resistance, why she didn't want to go and see her father- the list went on and on.

And now this.

Poe was still racking his brain on why Kyra would've possibly left him- left her happiness- no, their happiness. But then again, one look inside of Fox's eyes and Poe felt like he knew the answer. Kyra would never abandon one of her own.

It was irritatingly endearing, he had to admit. There were times when even he would consider leaving someone behind for the greater good- but with Kyra, she never would. Mission after mission had proved that to him in the small amount of time that they spent together, the woman always making sure that everyone got back- even at her own expense.

Which is how it led to their current scenario, Kyra god knows where on a First Order Star Destroyer, and Poe... stuck.

Since the escape from the First Order by narrow means, Leia had found an old covert Rebellion now turned Resistance base on a planet called Crait, where the Resistance had been sheltered for the past couple days. It was tucked away inside of a mountainous-like cave, away from the harsh conditions that were on the outside of the planet.

The planet was a strange one, a salt coating covering the ground, the footsteps you left behind on the ground turning it a blood red. It was sort of eerie, Poe had to admit, but the strange and haunted nature of the planet meant that most strayed far away.

It was nothing all too special, really, just a place to hide out until the tides turned back into their favor.

Which they were hoping would happen sooner rather than later, what with no contact really being held with Rey and Han anymore. Poe often just hoped to whatever was out in the galaxy that their mission would be successful, and that Luke would be the shining hope that the Resistance needed in such a strange time like this.

Heaving yet another heavy sigh, Poe shook himself out of his moment of self-reflection, turning back towards the main control center of the base, an old and worn technology table off of the main hangar where all of the run-down skimmers and the craft they had escaped down to the planet with were.