Monthly Discussion Space #1

Not many members have virtually participated in the weekly eco goals, which is upsetting, but I think my hopes were a little too high. So, instead of having to participate in weekly things even if you don't have time or aren't able to, you are allowed to comment here. Every week there will be a space where you CAN (you're not mandated) to ask questions about our environment and climate change, discuss environmental topics, learn new things, and maybe even inspire someone else to do something good for the environment.

Some guidelines:

1. Everyone can comment here, even if they aren't a member
2. Be respectful (that goes without saying)

Question to get the conversation started: What is the worst thing you've seen someone do to the environment?

Aspen's answer: Lots of things, like people saying they care about the planet (once a girl said this while drinking out of a plastic water bottle) , and things like classmates killing bees and other important insects. But the worst thing is probably when me and my family were on a beach on Aruba. There was a group of people partying, which is completely fine. The problem was, was that they literally left empty wine bottles in between roots of mangroves. It was absolutely infuriating. We took the bottles with us to throw them away in a trash can, but still.

Daisy's answer: I'm not really sure. Pretty much everyone I know flies all over the world for a holiday every year, and they eat meat and dairy, and drive everywhere in cars and don't consider the climate at all. There's not really one specific thing I've seen someone do that's worse than anything else. I find it really annoying when someone says they care about the climate when clearly they don't do anything to help it. I wish they'd just be honest. But as for individual things... I don't know what the worst thing is.

So that were our answers. For the next two chapters we'll write about the Amazon rainforest and coral reefs. Feel free to comment.