Chapter 8: The road to the real work.

'So?? What's going to happen??' Mason asks with a laugh. King Charles looks at Mason with determination as if he already knew Mason was coming. King Charles sighs and looks at a guard and nods. the guard walks away. 'Ma'am, you walk with me.' says the guard to Shasmine's mother. 'No let me go!!' she says. The guard whispers loudly 'these are the orders of the king, you and your children are safe with me so come along' The mother doesn't understand it, why would the king do that, but she still follows him with the children. Shasmine stands still and does not dare to move. Another guard comes her way. 'come on, orders of the king. you are safer with me.' he says and he takes her. While Shasmine says that she is safer with herself and that she can save herself and that the guard must let her go. Shasmine breaks free and runs away. The guard runs after her, but Chris stops him. Shasmine hears her heart beat as she walks forward. King Charles tries to call her. 'Shasmine no!! Go away!!' he whispers. Mason sees that and says to Charles 'don't be so strange my friend. And I asked you something. What will happen or can I just go ahead?' 'What is going to happen now is that you and your men are leaving' Shasmine shouts out of nowhere and suddenly she is standing at the entrance of the ballroom. Mason turns slowly because he recognizes that voice and cannot believe it. He has turned around completely and sees his daughter standing there, his little girl!! Mason looks shocked. He tries to hide it but it doesn't work. He would prefer to run to her and hug her, but that is of course not possible. 'Dad please.' Shasmine says, as if her last hope for her father is disappearing. Mason looks at the floor and sighs. He tries to hold back his tears and slowly gets angry and walks towards the king. 'This is your fault!!' he shouts at Charles. 'Dad!!' Shasmine calls and Mason stops. He looks at her again with tears in his eyes. 'Go away!! otherwise I have to stop you because that's my job. Yeah you heard it right, I am a musketeer!!' Mason looks even more angry almost aggressively and shouts at Charles again. 'So you are going to ruin her life too!! My daughter!!' He then walks back to Shasmine. 'What!! Stop me with which team? which army? which musketeers!!' Shasmine stands still, she doesn't know what to do. She is standing there all alone and looks into her father's eyes. You think she sees hate and anger but all you see is pain and sorrow. 'Yeah I thought so too!!' laughs Mason. Suddenly the girls stand behind her. Everyone on her team. Joyce, Michelle, Sylvana and Denise. 'Here's my team that's going to stop you. Dad I warned you. This is my Team!!' she says and they call Les Fantastiques at the same time!! Matt is in the "audience". he doubts. he shakes his head and walks forward and stands behind the girls. Flynn, Sam and Chris follow him. Liam also wants to go, but his father disagrees. 'Stay here, those bastards don't know what they're doing!!' He says. Liam pulls his arm away from his father and says 'sorry father you have always taught me to support my team and always be there for them and I do now. you should be proud.' Liam walks away and stands behind his team. Shasmine smiles at Matt as a thank you and he smiles back as you're welcome. Mason laughs very hard and thinks this is all nonsense. More musketeers are joining and Mason still hasn't stopped laughing. After that Julian will also be there. And so more and more musketeers are behind them. Mason laughs and says 'Juul serious!!' he almost falls over laughing. 'Okay done laughing, because we are going to fight so come on!! men!!' Mason calls. More men dressed in black enter the ballroom. Mason calls for them to fight. The fight begins. The king sent all the guards to the guests to protect them. Mason walks over to one of the men and pulls on his collar and says 'If you touch or injure her, you are the one who gets a problem with me and say the same to the others' He points to Shasmine and says 'I am talking about her, My daughter.' The man nods and starts his fight. The fight lasts long, maybe even all night. it seems that the musketeers are going to lose but they are not giving up. the girls are fighting in their long ball gowns and the boys have taken off their tuxedos. Joyce is fighting with a man, she defeats him and then takes his sword. another man comes up to her and he is not easy to beat. But Joyce doesn't give up either. Another man approaches and starts to attack her. 'two to one, that's not fair!!' she says laughing. Joyce fights with the two men but doesn't notice there's another one behind her. Shasmine sees that and rushes over to protect her. Shasmine runs and stops just before Joyce. When she stops she receives the blow intended for Joyce. The man runs away. Shasmine falls, Joyce looks behind her. She finishes the two men and bends over to Shasmine. 'Are you okay?? You really didn't have to do that, thank you.' Joyce says while helping her get up. 'Sure, I would always do it and believe it or not, but this is my first blow. they seem to avoid or even protect me. Because look even now they don't touch me strange.' says Shasmine while she looks at her father. Mason gives a kind of signal and all the men run away. they withdraw. Liam walks towards Shasmine and asks 'hey!! is it going well??' and grabs her shoulders. Shasmine pulls away and angrily walks towards the king. while he's talking to Julian, Liam's father. 'Why is my father so angry with you and what do you have to do with him??' King Charles tries to calm her down. Usually he calls his musketeers by their surnames, but this is more personal. 'Shasmine take it easy, go to sleep it's late and...' Shasmine interrupts him 'Sleeping!! you avoid my question!!' She walks away but something comes to mind again and she walks back screaming. 'You know more!! as he spoke to you, he knows you longer than today but what happened??' Charles tries to calm her down but to no avail. Until Matt walks up and grabs her. 'I think it's time that you take a nice shower and then go to sleep don't you think?' Matt says when he looks at Shasmine and the king. Shasmine nods Yes. Nobody expected that, not even Matt. Matt asks the girls if they can take her and then Matt himself also walks away. Liam stands next to his father. His father immediately says to him 'a spicy lady, she looks like her father when he was young' 'that is correct wait ... how?? is that something bad??' Liam asks confusingly. His father looks at him and says 'not necessarily' and then mysteriously walks away. Shasmine is in bed looking at the ceiling until she falls asleep.