Chapter 20

In three days' time, Michael and Julia were husband and wife.

They were on their way back from Scotland just then and Julia was sleeping, her head resting sweetly on his shoulder. Michael tried to sleep too, the journey had tired them both-emotionally and physically. But sleep eluded him. Over the last couple of days, Julia had told him everything in detail...how she'd feared for parent's lives, how hopeless the entire situation had seemed, how terrified she'd been. And all of it broke his heart. He was, however, grateful for the fact that after sharing her turmoil, she had seemed slightly more relaxed. She still feared for her parents, but she had placed her trust in him. And Michael would be damned if he broke it. He would do everything in his power to ensure that her parents were safe.

He had only been married two days, but he knew that his life was going to be filled with happiness. If Julia was alluring before, her attitude after they had no more secrets between them drew him even more deeply to her. She did not withdraw from him anymore when she was troubled. She shared her feelings with him instead. He was humbled by how powerful love could be. He looked down at her black hair and dropped a kiss. His gaze however slid lower—her position offered him and unobstructed view of her bosom, after all and he was married to her. Surely, he could look?

He grinned.

They had decided not to stop anywhere for longer than the duration of a meal and refreshing themselves because Michael had to reach his estate fast. He had arrangements to make. And although he could get creative in the carriage, he did not make any move to seduce her. His wife hadn't brought up the subject either but she had "accidentally" brushed her bosom against his body more times than he cared to count. She wanted him and he wanted her too...but he wouldn't take her, not until they were comfortable and he could make love to her the way she deserved. It was bad enough that her first time had been in a roadside inn. But instances like this made it so hard...made him so hard.

Michael looked away with a muttered curse. Anticipation did make it better, did it not?

*********************************

Julia stretched her hands above her head and her bones creaked. She was never getting into a carriage again, she decided, as the village came into view. She looked at her husband. He was staring at her in the most peculiar fashion and come to think of it, he'd been surly for most of the journey. She supposed she knew what had his knickers in a twist. She smirked. Well, if he could be bull-headed about not touching her, she supposed she could tease him as much as she liked.

"Michael," she murmured, sideling up close to him.

"What?" he practically barked.

"My muscles are all sore. Will you be a dear and massage them? Just a little." He nodded, looking very suspicious. Julia turned away from him and drew the curtains on the window, then went to sit on the opposite side. And then she began to draw her skirts up, resting the folds at the tops of her thighs.

"Julia—"

She said nothing as she casually kicked off her slippers and placed her stockinged feet on his lap. And then, she did something that shocked even her. Her hands disappeared under her skirts and found her garters. She quickly unclipped them and began to unroll flimsy material. She peeked at her husband from beneath her lashes. His gaze was intent on her legs as he stared at her hungrily. The silk stockings fluttered to the floor. Julia dragged her toe, from Michael's knee to the top oh his thigh. My, but he was so very strong and muscled. He swallowed. Just when Julia thought to stop, his hand shot out and grabbed her ankle.

She let out an involuntary gasp.

"You di want a massage, did you not?" he asked huskily. It was her turn to swallow. He wasn't wearing gloves and the sensation of his warm hands on her naked flesh did strange things to her.

He lifted her foot higher and swiped his thumb over the arc of her foot. She shuddered. He placed her foot upon his chest and allowed his hands to explore the contours of her leg.

"Such pretty legs, such soft skin," he said silkily. Julia bit her lip, fighting the urge to moan. His hands went further and further up her legs, stopping to tickle the back of her knees, then to lightly pinch her thighs.

"Part your legs, sweetheart." She did as he asked. She could not see his hands under the layers of her skirt but that made it all the more erotic. His hands found the very center of her and he petted her there. This time, Julia did moan.

"You're soft here too," he said. "Are you enjoying this?"

Julia nodded, too far gone to speak.

"How are you feeling?"

"Warm. Too warm. Too many clothes," she gasped out.

"Hmm, I agree."

She looked at him through narrowed eyes. Although she had started this act with the intention of teasing him, it was her that was being teased. The fact that he looked equally moved by the caress gave her little satisfaction. She wanted more...so much more.

"Michael." She said, hoping to speed things up. But her husband had a mind of his own and he made no move to give her what she really wanted.

"Yes, Julia?" His countenance was flushed

"Please," she whispered and licked her lips. Michael said nothing but his hand was moving now, exactly where she wanted it to. She let out another encouraging moan. Julia opened her eyes to find her husband staring at her face with an intensity that made her think she would perish right away. She lowered her gaze to find the bulge in his trousers. That couldn't possible be comfortable. She shifted, planning to reach for it but Michael stooped her with a growl.

"Not here. We are almost home," he said. Julia nodded and relaxed against the seat, her legs lying shamelessly on his lap. In no time, he brought her to the peak and Julia jumped gladly. After she caught her breath, she found Michael looking almost tortured. She was surprised to find that she still wanted him, more if that was possible. Thankfully, the carriage began to slow down and she bent down to pick up her discarded stockings.

"Don't bother," Michael muttered and pulled her skirts down to cover her legs. He closed his coat to cover his rather urgent state and as soon as the carriage halted, he jumped down and practically  lifted Julia in his arms. Racing past everyone waiting at the doorway with a simple, "we will be down later," he took her straight up. Julia buried her head in his chest, mortification burning through her. What was wrong with him?

But when they reached him chamber and he set her on the bed, Julia forgot all her complaints.

***********************

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy the chapter. So sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.