Chapter 34

Mayas POV

'Wow just look at this place. This house is huge! Your parents must be living the sweet life, James!'

We had parked in front of their house and it was my first time meeting them. I was excited to meet Owen especially.

'Yeah, they sure don't miss anything... Look, Maya. There is something I haven't told you about my brother...' He held tight at the steering wheel looking right through the window. I could see his jaw clenching. He seemed nervous. I wondered why.

'Hey, I'm just happy to see your family. And I must admit, I can't wait to look inside the house also. This place is beyond amazing!' I beamed and he replied with a faint smile.
I opened the door and we both walked toward the door. I took a big breath and prepared to give a warm smile to his parents, but when the door opened, we were met by the care helper. James frowned but greeted her.

'Oh, hi Millicent. Is dad and mom not home?'

'Sorry sir, they actually just left a few minutes ago. They had to do something and asked me to be here to let you in'

Weird. Didn't they know that James would bring his girlfriend with him? Why would the leave when they knew that James would visit them?

'Oh, well I expected them to be here though. When will they be back?'

'I don't know sir, they didn't say' she had a look that showed pity. I was a little startled by this awkward situation. Anyway, we went inside and took our shoes off. As I walked into the living room, I caught a glimpse of the interior of the house. It reminded me of James' home. Stylish and modern, but this house also seemed cold and not personal at all. There were no pictures on the wall, no colors on the wall, or anything like that. So, that's where James had it from. I felt bad for them as this house had so much potential to look amazing with warm tones, cozy garnish, colorful pillows, and warm lights. Instead the house left me feeling all misplaced in a way. It was more or less white with beige tones and a few dark brown nips things.

As I moved closer to the kitchen, I was nearly dropping my jaw down the floor. This must have been the biggest kitchen I had ever seen in my entire life! It was open space; it was a kitchen island where there also were bar stools at one side of the table. The kitchen looked a little untouched also. Did nobody in this family cook food? Then why have all this place when not used?

I was baffled at the ungratefulness. The kitchen had always been heaven to me. I mean. People eat every single day. We need food. Food is to be enjoyed, to be experienced, to be explored.

Maya, get back to reality again. Enough of you dreaming.

Oh, yes. I pulled myself together and turned around to watch James standing behind, observing me.

'You really are a sucker for the kitchen part in every household huh?'

I grinned and nodded. 'Of course. My biggest dream is to someday have a nice kitchen like this. Then I would bake all day, cook all day, and eat all day long!'

He laughed at my enthusiasm and passion. 'God, I love you babe. You are seriously the cutest person I have ever met'

I pouted. Was he serious? I didn't want to be seen as cute.

'Am I only cute in your eyes?'

He laughed a little and moved closer to me.

'No, you're not only cute. I think you're very sexy too. Especially yesterday when I could see through your clothes' he winked at me and I blushed immediately.