3| An Eye For An Eye

Hello there! Thankyou for all the beautiful messages and comments. It's the reason why I wrote again. Insha ALLAH will write and upload frequently.

Also, I am so accustomed to writing Humza's name that while writing this chapter, often instead of Tayyab I wrote Humza.😁

Please vote and comment if you like the story, it's like fuel to my fire.

Enjoy!

A N E Y E F O R A N E Y E

The moment Nouman efendi took Tayyab's name, the guards had to tighten their hold on Hayat, as she desperately started to wriggle herself free off their grip. "Ahmar." She screamed. "Ahmar." Her voice a mixture of panic, anger and dread. "Please. I don't want to marry him. Please! For the sake of ALLAH don't let them do this. Please." She was begging while trying to push herself out of the grip of those strong arms, that now held on to her wrist even more tightly. She was crying hysterically, her wet hair completely disheveled.

"I don't know what we've done but Aasif Ya Sayyidi. Plea..Please forgive us. We..We will leave the kingdom. Please don't do..do this. He is my only family. I.. I have no one." She managed to say despite her constant hiccups.

The sheikh looked at her with pity and not just him, even Umar sympathised with her. "My emir, with all due respect, you cannot marry anybody forcefully. It is not permissible." The sheikh finally spoke and it must have given Hayat hope for she turned towards him for help. "Save us please. We..we have paid all our taxes. We were nev..never part of any revolt or conspiracy against the ro.. Royal family. We do our duty towards the kingdom. I don't know what is our crime. What went wrong?" She repeated again, mystified at everything that was happening to her.

There comes a moment in your life where you know your best friend is going to make a decision that he will probably regret for a very long time, you try knocking some sense into him but you fail miserably.

Umar was facing a similar situation. He knew that Ahmar had said something to thrust Tayyab over the edge of lunacy. "My emir can I please speak with you privately?" Umar had tried. He had endeavoured to talk to Tayyab the moment he heard about this stupid Charade. Ahmar knew he was as good as dead but he wanted to make sure that even after his death, Tayyab would suffer and endure agony.

Tayyab had not replied, his jaw was set in a straight line. He wasn't even moving. He had always been a gentleman but ever since Meher's abduction, it was as if a part of him withered away with her. He acted as if everyone had conspired against him. He held a grudge against everyone. Umar knew that there would come a day when realisation would dawn upon his friend and then he would only drown in remorse and repentance.

Umar knew he shouldn't be speaking to Tayyab about it in front of everyone but Tayyab had left him with no alternative. He stood right behind him and whispered so gingerly that only Tayyab could hear him. "Tayyab you need to rethink this. We cannot do this. It's not permissible to force a girl to marry you. The kingdom will hate you all the more. They will despise you. They will revolt against the royal family. The king would not like it."