6| His Wrath

I am sorry I am late. I slept in the evening. I wrote this in a hurry. Hope you enjoy.

H I S   W R A T H

H I S   W R A T H

Hayat walked behind Umar, following him through the gates of Al Qasr. She was grateful to the kaneez who had fed her food and made her drink lots of water.

It was the sole reason why her legs didn't gave up on her. She felt better. She knew she had to eat to be able to go through her plan, her revenge.

Despite the heaviness that didn't leave her heart, she couldn't help but be amazed by the magnificent palace. It was everything she had heard of and even more. Ever since her childhood, all Hayat had heard were stories of how splendid and regal the architecture of it was.

Zindaan was located on the right of Al Qasr, beyond the walls that served as a boundary to the palace. She could see guards scattered all around the premises.

The elegant garden adorned the palace from all sides, roses, lilies, daisies, and other beautiful flowers who's name she had never heard of embellished it all the more. Three fountains added to its beauty.

The castle in itself was a whole new world. It was humongous. Around the main tower there were five more towers in the palace, the top of it was dome shaped, the top edge of which was enriched with gold and pearls.

Two guards walked behind her in silence. She walked on the aesthetic carpet that covered the floors of the palace. They walked towards a huge door, she knew it was the throne room the moment she saw it.

The door to it was open, and two guards stood at either side of it, they bowed their head in unison when the general entered through it, Hayat followed his suit.

The throne room was as beautiful as every other possession of the palace. Had it been under some other circumstance, Hayat would have jumped around at the charm of it but now all she could feel was the need to burn this entire palace to the ground, to see it in ashes.

The king sat on his throne, scrutinizing Hayat with his sunken eyes. The two guards behind her had stopped outside the throne room.

"My king!" The general went on his knees, his right hand placed on his heart, bowing his head down in greeting.

"She's the one?" The King asked. Hayat stared blankly at him, she knew he was a powerful person and probably the only reason she was alive. She feigned innocence despite the hatred she felt towards him, towards each one of them. If she wanted to survive, she had to be careful. She had to look harmless and it would not be difficult since she had always been innocuous.

"Yes your Majesty." General answered soon after he stood up again. The general looked at her in frustration, a moment later he indicated her to bow in courtesy.

Hayat realised it almost immediately. She bowed her head in respect and the king looked pleased. Honestly, Hayat had never learnt any Courtesies.

Who would have thought that she'd have to meet her king someday?