17| Bangles And Fear

I am sorry guys. You all had to wait. Something's had been happening in my life and so I couldn't bring myself to write.

Also a big thankyou to everyone who's been giving this story a shoutout or has added it to their reading list. Means a lot❤

I request you guys to please pray for me. I really need it.

Enjoy the chapter ❤

B A N G L E S    A N D   F E A R

Hayat didn't sleep well that night. She couldn't stop thinking. She didn't have the map. She had no clue what she was to do next.

Her dreams were filled with visions of her parents smiling face and the sound of doors slamming shut in a black void. Voices filled with pain and betrayal echoed in her ears.

Once she pried open her eyes to the morning light, she rolled over and shoved her face into a cushion, feeling the bitter exhaustion settle between her shoulders.

It was then that her fingers accidently touched a piece of paper. She jolted from the contact and sat upright.

She looked around to make sure there was no one in her room.

There wasn't.

Nobody was there.

The door was locked and the paper was rolled like a scroll and tied with a black ribbon.

She tried opening her eyes completely to have a look at it. It was the map. To say that she was shocked would be an understatement.

Usman.

He brought it for her.

She huffed a sigh of relief. She knew it was a matter of time before they gave her some similar task again.

How many times would he save her and why?

She was constantly being tested and tried. There was a limit to how much she could take. She was no pro in spying because this wasn't her profession. She had no plans of coming to Al Qasr.

Now she was just a doe in a jungle full of lions all around her, waiting for just one moment of weakness.

She was out of her trance the moment she heard a knock on the door. She hurriedly went to her chest of drawers and opened the one that was only used by her. She placed the map underneath the books and then rushed back to the door.

Leila's merry laughter lilted around her, clear as a bell and just as annoying, once again.

Hayat was happy to see that she looked her normal self now.

"Rise and shine my lady." She greeted as she entered. Now that Leila was nore comfortable with Hayat, she mostly ignored all of the formalities and treated Hayat more like a peer.