Backstory

Being a police homicide detective was the only thing int interesting in my life. I thought of trying other jobs, but they just didn't seem as good. Firefighting was dull and too hot, being a lifeguard was to repetitive, and all office jobs were out as a concept. It took my last few years of high school to chose a job I thought would suit me, being a detective. I took a lot of time during my last year of high school, when I wasn't doing the homework I was constantly being assigned, learning about what different units that detectives could work in. Out of all the different units the only one that stood out to me was homicide, mostly because it would at least be less boring and mundane than the other. With not much time left in my required schooling before college, I started looking up common and uncommon ways people tried to get away with murder. I probably got put on some watch list, but I couldn't care less. If I were going to become a homicide detective I'd need to know this, and much more. After high school, I started college because to be a "good" detectives I'd need a degree in criminal justice. Criminal justice didn't sound that interesting to me, but to get the job I decided it was worth the boredom. I also worked on making sure I was agile, strong, and sharp enough pass the job requirements. I'd also need to go to their academy, but I wasn't concerned about that.

It took six years after high school until I was able to become a detective, and boy was I ready. I was twenty-four and ready to see some dead bodies and go try and catch some murders. I still don't fully understand why murder is bad, just that everyone thinks it is. Either way, this'll be entertaining.

It was less entertaining than I hoped. The people were all amateurs trying to go down in history or be rid of some annoyance and failing miserably. Everyone always got caught and punished, the evidence always winning out. These chumps are terrible, and idiots. Most of them don't have much more than a high school diploma, or dropped out. There are, however, some old cases, and a few newer ones, that are still unsolved. Those cases interest me the most. How could someone, who acts so amateur, still not be caught. The interesting thing to me about them is that they always occur withing  ten miles of a forest, sometimes more obvious than others. What could everyone be doing to miss these details? I think everyone else trying to find these amateurs just suck for some reason. I wonder if all the good detectives around here just die or something? I mean, I got this job because the previous detective died so it's possible.

Well, hopefully I'll figure it out soon.

~~A/N~~

Ok, so it's only about 500 words but it's background- ish so cut me some slack.
I'll start writing the next chapter soon, but it's probably going to be from the view of one of the Creepypasta so if you don't want that every so often then you might want to leave.

I hope you're staying safe and have a great day!