A New Detective on the Case

Sally was at the park with Toby watching over her when she noticed a new person in a police uniform. The new person was a girl with long brown hair that shimmered in the sun and one of the most board looks ever on for someone raiding a drug house. She yelled out the warnings, which is when Toby noticed the police raid too, but he didn't seem to notice the new girl. Why would a new person come here, didn't she know that the last new person died? Either way, it'll probably be more fun.

"Sally, what are you thinking about? You're letting out a bit of a dark aura." Toby asks, slightly concerned as to what I was plotting.

"Toby," I started, lightening up on the dark aura. "There's a new person in the police force." I finished before giggling. Toby turns around, probably trying to figure out who the new person is.

"Is it the bored looking girl standing outside waiting for her turn to go in?" Toby asked and I just nodded in reply. Toby smiled, looking at her bored expression with amusement. "This'll be fun." he concluded, seemingly ready to start a new game.

"Yes," I agreed, ready to join in on this dark new game. "Should we tell the others or let them figure it out on their own?" I questioned him, about ready to go home and inform Charlie of my new plans.

"I think we should probably let them figure it out on their own. I mean, unless she goes into into your house you're not going to mess with her and I'm not messing with her unless Slendy tells me to," He started, then smiled. "It'll be fun to see who figures out first that there's a new person."

"Heheh, that is true!" I replied, content with not telling anyone that there's a new person in town. I am going to tell Charlie though because he obviously need to know.

"Sally, before we head back do you wanna try and talk to her?" Toby asked me, curiosity and adventure shining in his eyes.

"Yes!" I excitedly replied. Toby laughed lightly and picked my up which I squealed at. Toby started walking over to her, talking with me about ice cream so it wasn't obvious we were walking over to talk to her. Toby got a bit over exited about waffle cones which got her attention.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to step back." she calmly said to us as we were getting rather close to her.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't notice you there. Me and my sis here were just planning on going to get ice cream." Toby replied with a pretty convincing lie.

"If you say so." was all she replied with, still seeming very bored.

"Say," Toby starts, curiosity seeping into his voice. "I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you new to the town?"

"I've been here for about a month now so I'm not surprised you haven't noticed me before today." she replied almost monotone, and still looking as bored as ever.

"Yo Serra, you can come in now." one of the other officers from this town calls out.

"Ok, give me a moment," the girl in from of us, who is apparently Serra called back before turning to us. "I'm gonna need you to go now, preferably around the block or something." she says after turning back to us.

"Ok," Toby began, slight sadness slipping into his voice. "But before we go, what happened at this place?" Toby questioned and tilting his head when it ticks to make it less obvious.

"That's what I'm here to figure out," she replies looking at us before continuing. "And it might not be the best thing to talk about in front of a child." she concludes

"Aw, come on." Toby pleads, making puppy dog eyes at her. She sighs, taking a moment to think.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you," she starts. "It's a suspected homicide. How I have to go. Have a good day." she finishes before walking away. She was definitely weird, most cops or detectives wouldn't just say it outright. Toby then turns around, still holding me as we go towards the woods.

"When she's definitely interesting." Toby concluded as we entered the woods, the calm coolness refreshing from the beaming sun. 

"Ya," I started, a grin on my face. "It'll be fun to see what happens to her." I finish giggling.

Toby continues walking, me still in his arms as we go deeper into the forest. It keeps getting darker and darker until it's almost pitch black. Toby doesn't even stumble even though I don't think he can see where his feet are. He has the wood much better memorized than I do. I definitely would have tripped multiple times already. After maybe a minute of complete darkness some light makes its way through the branches so we can now see again. Even though it's not a lot of light because we were just in pitch blackness the little bit of light illuminates everything it touches almost as it the darkness didn't exist. After a few more minutes of walking the mansion is in view, so I decide to wiggle out of Toby's grasp and run to the door. Toby jogs along side me and is right beside me when I open the door, stepping in right after me.

"We're home!" I cried out, squealing when Jane picked me up.

"Well that's good! You've been out for hours so some people were starting to get worried." Jane said, probably with a smile under her mask.

"Toby." Slenderman's loud voice booms from his room. I heard Toby gulp before starting toward the stairs.

"I should probably see what Slender wants." Toby says with a nervous chuckle before going up the stairs leaving me alone with Jane.

"So how was your adventure today?" she asked me, happiness in her voice. I started telling her about what happened while I was out, where Toby and I went and that sort of stuff. I obviously left out the part about the new girl so she could figure it out herself.

"Sounds like someone's had an eventful day." I hear BEN say from the couch, when he got there is anyone's guess.

"Ya!" I replied with a smile before Jane put me on the couch next to BEN before going int the kitchen. "What have you been up to?" I ask BEN, curiosity in my eyes.

"Just more video games and trolling people on Cleverbot like normal." BEN said with a sigh, probably jealous that my day was so much better than his.

"Well I'm gonna go play with Charlie!" I said jumping of the couch and darting to the stairs. I heard BEN sight before wishing me luck fore some reason. I need to tell Charlie about everything new I learned today, and the new person in town.

~~A/N~~

Thank's for reading! I wasn't sure when I'd be done with this part but I figured it would be faster than the back story because this has dialogue! I'll be working on the next part soon, and this will be from Serra's point of view.
I hope you stay safe and have a great day!