They Were Victorious

Night starts to fall as a cold breeze follows, which sends a shiver down Thomas's worn out body. The light poles turn on, illuminating the black marble of the memorial wall. He stares at the wall, looking at countless names of the men who lost their lives.

Thomas clenches the handles of his crutches. " Enterprise, I need to know. Were all these sacrifices worth it? Did their sacrifices lead to a brighter future for our world? Was our deeds written in stone or were they written in sand to be washed away?" He turns and looks at Enterprise. " Were we... no were they victorious?"

She looks at him with a gaze of certainty, as if the words she is about to say are truly what she believes. " Yes, all these men helped lead the world out of war. Many men were lost on both sides. Allies or Axis it doesn't matter, they paved the way for a future where generations down the line can live in peace. Thanks to the efforts of good men, the war ended with the Allies winning. They paid the ultimate price to lead our world into a better future. Every man on this wall, be it Allies or Axis were doing their job for their countries. None of the lives lost on this wall were in vain. What they did, it will always be written in stone."

Thomas lets out a sigh of relief. " Thank you for telling me, I'm happy to hear it, that our sacrifices weren't in vain." He pushes the crutch under his arm and puts his hand on Luke's name. " You hear that Luke? We did it, we won." He closes his eyes and says a little prayer before reopening them. "Amen." He retracts his arm back off the wall. He turns back to Enterprise with a reassured smile. " So what now? I still don't know much about this world, and hell I still don't know if I've just gone stark mad or I'm just hallucinating everything. The only thing I really know is that warships from my time are here as human girls, and that this world is at war with something called Sirens."

" I'll explain everything to you later. Right now, I see you still have some doubt about this whole situation, and well I can't blame you for it. I'll explain what I can but before that I want to show you something. I want to put all the doubt behind you."

Thomas nods to her. " Well, if this "something" can help me make sure I'm not crazy then sure, but before that I noticed something..."

Enterprise tilts her head quizzically. " What's that?"

" Well, it's just that some of the girls here have been just staring at me."

Enterprise looks around and sees a handful of girls looking at them. " Well, the answer to that is kind of simple. There is only one male at this base."

" Only one male? Wait, why?!" Thomas looks at Enterprise bewildered. " It doesn't make sense for any military base to have only one male!"

" The only male here is the Commander. I'm not sure why that is honestly, but there being another male here does raise a few eyebrows. Especially if that male is dressed like a pilot from our world."

Thomas looks at his clothes. " I guess that kind of makes sense. Its still weird for me ,though." 

" Well, it's only natural for them to be curious." Enterprise looks up and sees the sky has completely turned to night. " Well, let's get going before it's too late." Enterprise waves Thomas to follow her.

"Regarding my clothes though, I was in the sickbay right? So didn't they have any fresh clothes they could've changed me into?" Thomas asks while still looking at his torn pilots outfit.

"Since the majority of the people here are girls, we didn't really have anything that we could change you into. That's why I wasn't there. I was off trying to find you clean clothes. I could've got you something feminine that some of the other girls have, but I thought you wouldn't appreciate that.  So, when I finally was able to find some clothes that would work for you.  I went back you weren't there." Enterprise continues to move forward.