Chapter 3

One foot by Walk The Moon

Draco sat quietly on the couch, reading a potions book. It been a few since days Dumbledore had sent them to stay at the Burrow.  And the Weasleys were truly starting to ease up around them even if Draco hardly ever spoke.

Carrie was out with the twins , no doubt planning something devious. Draco almost smiled as he remembered Carrie confessing her love for the twins. She also vowed she would marry them one day.

Blaise was , surprisingly, hanging out with Ron. Despite the bad blood between the two they seemed to have bonded over their love of wizard's chess and determination to beat each other at said game.

Draco lifted his eyes from his book as he heard someone sit down. His haunting grey eyes met intense green ones. A matched made in Slytherin heaven.
"Yes, Potter?" Draco questioned
"I'm bored,' Harry replied.
"Someone alert the minister," Draco replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes and returning them back to the Anti-flu potion.
"Well I was thinking-" Harry began
"Good Godric, did it hurt?" Draco insulted. Harry rolled his eyes and tried again:
"I was thinking that maybe you be up for a seeker's game?" Draco's eyebrow shot up as he let the book fall to the couch.
"Have you hit your head?" Draco asked, only half joking.
"Don't be a git, Malfoy."
"That's just my point. We're enemies, all we do is be gits."
"Well I'm bored and you don't seem to be doing much either."
"I'm reading," Draco disagreed.
"Oh ,come on Malfoy. It'll be fun."
"Fine but only ,because  it's depressing to see you beg."
"I did not beg," Harry objected.
"Sure, what ever let's you sleep at night."

They quickly grabbed their brooms and a snitch and stormed outside soon taking off into the air.

"Where'd you get the snitch, Potty?" Draco asked, as they hovered in the air facing each other.
"A birthday present from Hermione." Draco nodded.
Harry let go of the snitch and began the count down:
"Five...four...three...two...one..GO!"

Harry grinned triumphantly as his hand closed around the golden winged ball. He turned around and faced Draco. The score was 8:8. Well 9:8 now.
"You know Malfoy you're pretty good,"Harry compliment.
"I should hope so, being on the Quttichid team and all."
"I always assumed you just bought you're way in." Draco rolled his eyes
"I made it on to the team with pure talent Potter." Harry gave him an unconvinced look.
"Although I'll admit money did keep me on the team after I barely won a game against Gryffindor. Especially with the new brooms Father gets us every year."
" You seem perfectly able to beat me now."
"It's different. We don't have whole teams behind us. Gryffindor's defence is stronger than ours."
"Wait. Did I just a hear a compliment? From Draco Malfoy? To Gryffindor? Maybe I did hit my head."
Harry truly thought he was seeing things when he saw a faint smile appear on Draco face for a second.
"Shut up, Potter and release the damn snitch."

Carrie looked up as she watched Harry and Draco fly after the snitch. She smirked at the two.
"What are you looking at?" Fred and George asked from inside. She turned around to face them. Her eyes glistening with excitement.
"How would you two like to help me with my latest scheme?" She asked instead. Fred and George shared a look before looking back at the Slytherin beauty.
"We're listening," they said in unison. She motioned for them to join her on the porch. She pointed up at Harry and Draco.
"I want to get them together," she said confidently.
"Harry?" Fred questioned
"And Draco?" George finished.
"You heard me," Carrie replied.
"You must of..." Fred began
"Gone mad, woman," George finished.  Carrie shrugged it off. This wasn't the first time she'd been told. And most definitely was not the last.
"We're in," the twin said smiling like Cheshire cats.
"Great. I need you to get something..."

"We better head down now. Dinner will be soon," Harry proclaimed. Then score was now 12:12. Draco nodded, feeling a bit disappointed. He'd never admit it out loud but this was the most fun he had since...well...since a long time. And he didn't want it to end.
"How about another game tomorrow?" Draco suggested, hopefully.
"You're on Malfoy."

×[Chapter end]×

The chapter was a bit short this time, sorry. But I hoped you like it. Don't be scared to leave a comment. I'm always opened to suggestions.

Fun fact- I am the last born in my family. And because of the I'm forbidden to date until eighteen 😫😫 but what my family doesn't know won't hurt my love life🤐🤐😏