0016

MANIAC,CHAPTER SIXTEEN

MANIAC,
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

FOR THE FIRST few weeks, Elliot had been enjoying his time in the months

FOR THE FIRST few weeks, Elliot had been enjoying his time in the months. It was peaceful. There was no one to bother or harass him. Plus, Percy had been completely silent. It was the first time in a long time that he had been able to fully relax. But now that the excitement of being in a new place was over, Elliott had no choice but to reflect on his own life and what it was like in that moment.

It was shitty, to say the least. His relationship ended half a year ago. And yet he was still publicly feuding with his ex. The movie kept getting stuck in production hell. They would film, and then stop. Film and then stop. It was getting exhausting. But he loved his job.

He just hated himself.

"Elliot, they need you on set for-" Stephanie paused when she saw his tear stained face. "What's wrong?"

He can't get high, that's what's wrong. "I think I'm spiraling, Steph", Elliot chuckled, wiping his eyes. "I just haven't had time to process everything like I thought I had. I feel like my life is literally over."

"Your life isn't over, El. It's just beginning", Stephanie frowned, wrapping her arms around him. "I know things feel rough right now, but-"

"It's not that", he frowned. "I'm just feeling worthless lately. Every single person I have ever loved has broken my heart in some way or another. The only time I don't feel completely fucking miserable is when I'm high. I'm tired", he explained.

Stephanie frowned, looking directly into his eyes. "El, are you thinking of using again? Do I need to call your sponsor?"

"Probably", he admitted with a dry chuckle. You know that feeling when it's like the walls are caving in? This was like that. Except there's no magic stop button. No one to save him. If the house that represented his mind crumbled, that was just the end. But at least now, Steph was aware of how he was feeling. She could intervene.

She was his bright light at the end of the tunnel, she always had been.

It was good to have a true friend. Or at least Elliott thought so. If he didn't have her by his side, he probably would have cracked and spiraled a long time ago. And the world couldn't fathom a Hemsworth falling to their knees, could it? Their family was thought to be strong and untouchable. But Elliot didn't feel strong. He felt weak.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell everyone you're feeling under the weather", Stephanie informed. "We don't have to go outside. We can just stay inside and watch movies all day or something. It'll be great. You're gonna be fine."

Elliot frowned. He hated feeling like his friends were giving up things for him. He never wanted to feel like a burden. He always tried his best to handle his feelings on his own. (And by 'handle', he being ignore them until they went away.) That was the problem. It never went well for him. "You should be spending the day with Thomas", he said, shaking his head.

"I spend every day with Thomas", Stephanie pointed out. "I can make it up to him later. Right now is all about you. We're gonna figure this out together."

Stephanie never really did take no for an answer. She spent all day by Elliot's side, talking him down from a metaphorical ledge. She had been his anchor. Now, though, it was time to find a new anchor, so they could both be free and happy. Somewhere out there was something worth living for. Elliot just had to find it.

OCTOBER 22, 2023
POPPY SPEAKS !
i wish i knew when this book would end but i don't have a plan for the ending yet ngl 😭