Chapter 4

Minjoo's POV

Mark and Jaehyun directly went to grab the bags whilst Doyoung quietly followed to help them. We didn't bring that much bags so they probably wouldn't take that long. Taeyong said they parked their car on a hidden alleyway. It was on the other side from where we parked so we agreed to meet each other in front of our car to save time. We also agreed that me, Taeyong and Taeil would bring the bag containing the money so that they wouldn't have a hard time bringing the other bags.

Taeyong beckoned me to follow him so I did. I walked beside Taeyong while Taeil was tailing behind us. The walk towards their car was silent, the atmosphere of their desire to ask me about something didn't go unnoticed. From my whole group of friends, I'd say they were the ones I was least close to. They were chaotic and loud while I was the quiet one. They were always around me but we rarely talked and only interacted when we asked about studies or the whereabouts of our other friends.

When we arrived, I was quite stunned. The vehicle that was parked in front of me was much better than the one we rode earlier. Standing in front of me was a black matte Ford F150. I looked at Taeyong and tilted my head. He just smirked at me cockily and took the bags from us to put it in the cargo bed (the back part of a pickup truck)

"Sweet ride, right?" Taeil spoke up and was grinning as he opened the car door and sat on the driver's seat. "If I knew this is what I'd be getting if I robbed banks, then I would have done it daily" I chuckled and sat on the back seats as Taeyong opened the door for me.

Taeyong laughed. "This isnt the only thing we got from doing that though, we also get authentic products from Gucci, Burberry, Dior, Louis Vuitton and Balenciaga" He said proudly as he got on the shotgun seat of the car. We decided to rest for a bit since we walked quite the distance.

I leaned against the car seat and let my head fall back on the head rest. "Minjoo?" Taeyong called out to me, he was still looking ahead though. "Shoot it" I said, closing my eyes slowly and bracing myself for his question. Taeil and Taeyong looked at each other as if they were hesitating and contemplating if they should really ask me. What are they so scared to ask about anyways? "Okay, first of all, this is so unlike you to suddenly 'rob' a bank, you usually refuse to tag along when we invite you" Taeil decided to speak up first. And before I could react and say something regarding his statement, Taeyong continued, "And why are you bringing so much bags? With your brother? Are you running awat from home?" They both turned their bodies to look at me.

I don't know how to explain to them everything that happened to me for the past few hours. Yes, I should trust them, but it was too complicated for me to put it into words. I stared at them for a good minute.

"I think we should talk about this when we pick up the others, they should be waiting for us alr-" Before I could finish what I said, we heard police sirens go off from afar. Our eyes widened and Taeil quickly stepped on the gas. "Shit! Hurry up, Taeil!" By now, I was cursing so much, anxiousness coursed in my veins as we neared towards our car and the sirens were getting closer. We saw them standing, nervously waiting, while carrying the bags they unloaded from the car.

Without wasting a second, I quickly opened the car door to help them get in faster. Mark and Jaehyun threw the bags at the cargo bed without a second thought and got inside the car. Doyoung got on the cargo bed and situated himself properly to avoid accidents.

Taeil quickly drove far away from the bank. When we got far enough, we could no longer hear the sirens. We were panting heavily, still stunned with what happened a few seconds ago. We looked at each other and just like that, laughter filled the car.

"What were we gonna do with the bags anyway? We could have just bought new stuff with the money we stole" Mark said while laughing uncontrollably. We laughed even more with what he said. "This is gonna be so fun, we're now being chased by the police! It feels like a damn movie!" Taeyong said as if it was the most exciting thing in the world. Well, it kind of is.

In a regular person's eyes, they would probably say that we're crazy and out of our mind, but right now, this was a beginning, a beginning of a priceless, quite dangerous but definitely fun journey. Because despite the world going against us, it didn't matter anymore, we were oblivious, and we had each other's back.

————————————————————

I have no idea where we are right now but I could tell that we were really far away from the city.

We opened the windows so we could enjoy the fresh air. I mean, I opened the windows to get fresh air. The others are sleeping aside from Taeil who was driving. Taeyong was snoring in the shotgun seat. Mark's head was resting on my right shoulder and Jaehyun was leaning against the car door. Doyoung wasn't sleeping though, he was listening to some music, his airpods were plugged on his ears.

"Are we gonna stop by somewhere?" I asked Taeil as quietly as I could to prevent the others from waking up. "Yeah, we're heading to a mall, we didn't bring clothes because we agreed to buy some on our way, we're also going clubbing later tonight" Taeil explained. Though he said it quite loudly, causing the others to stir from their slumber.

Mark fluttered his eyes open, removed his head from my shoulder and sat up straight. He scratched his head and rubbed his eyes. Jaehyun groaned and repeated what Mark did. Taeyong doing the same.

"Now that they're awake, can you tell us what happened to you?" Taeil said, still keeping his eyes on the road. Taeyong, Mark and Jaehyun looked at me while Taeil glanced at me through the rearview mirror. "Hold on, let Doyoung get in first" Taeyong said. They called Doyoung and he sat beside Jaehyun.

I inhaled deeply. It only made me more nervous upon realizing that Jaehyun didn't even know what happened to me and Mark and still trusted us.

I just hope they won't lose that trust they put on me.