Chapter 9

Minjoo's POV

Confusion was sketched in all of our faces. Did we look like we were looking for hookers? well, this is a club anyway, so he may have a point. Not to mention that Taeil failed to mention this was a stripper club. So, the man must have been referring to that kind of vip room. The confusion in Jaehyun's face turned into frustration a second later while Mark's turned into embarrassment.

"Pardon me? That sounded somehow offensi-" Jaehyun snapped and was about to scold the guy. The man must be an employee or possibly the owner of this club. He must've thought we needed to lighten up a bit, considering that this is a place for entertainment of sorts.

I cut Jaehyun off and decided to take this matter into my hands. "Thank you for your kind hospitality, according to your statement, you must have connections and some kind of status in this club, but we're not looking for those kinds of pleasure. These liquors are enough to satisfy us." I tried to say it as nicely and as politely as I could.

"Goodness, I am truly sorry. The drinks would be on me" The man apologized, giving is a solemn smile and offered to us without hesitation.

"That would've been better, Thank you" Jaehyun said although frustration was still evident in his voice. "Oh! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Jungwoo, Kim Jungwoo, one of the best strippers in this club. Proven and tested." He winked at me.

I like this guy. His confidence is oozing and it's contagious. Mark has turned beet red by now and was extremely flustered about being close to a sex worker.

Jaehyun laughed upon seeing Mark's expression, the anger long gone. "Why are you so flushed? Mark, you're 21 already. Don't act like a teenagee undergoing puberty. You give off virgin vibes but you're not actually one, are you?" He joked. I gestured Jungwoo to join us and sit with us. Jaehyun scooted even closer to me and I moved to give Jungwoo more space. Jaehyun wrapped an arm protectively around my shoulder.

"What's up with you guys saying I give off virgin vibes? Like what if I wasnt and like I'm just naturally awkward and uhm, introverted?" Mark defended himself. The redundant use of the word 'like' was a habit of his that never failed to make me laugh.

I smirked and leaned closer to him in order to taunt him. I fake gasped. "You didnt happen to do it with the only girl you know, right? The neighbor who's only a year younger than you? Wait, no. I mean, you've been crushing on her for years but you weren't friends..." I looked at Jungwoo and fake gasped again. "Unless...." I looked at Mark again and stared at him, wide eyed and mouth agape. They quickly caught up to what I was referring to and both Jaehyun and Jungwoo laughed. Mark immediately intervened.

"What?! No! Ugh! What the hell, Minjoo!" He yelled at me and ran his hand through his hair. I laughed and said I was joking.

"I like you guys, And I don't think you've properly introduced yourselves. What's your names?" Jungwoo suddenly asked out of the blue and the light atmosphere earlier turned heavier with each second that passed. This was not good. If he were to know our names and the police would be able to identify our identities, he could report us and sell us out.

I threw Mark a look, signalling him not to say a word and I squeezed Jaehyun's hand from under the table.

"There would be no reason for you to know our names. This is going to be the first and last time we come here so knowing our names would be useless given that you won't meet us in the future anyway." Mark said sternly. He didn't stay quiet like I expected him to but I'm not complaining either.

This guy never fails to surprise me. Despite being younger, he was still more mature than me in some ways. He never failed to protect me in the past and I haven't got the chance to thank him for that although I've shown it through my actions.