Chapter 6

This chapter is much more lightweight than the others! The next chapters are going to be more angsty so I decided to add a few humor hehe I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, Happy reading!
___________________________

Minjoo's POV

Despite avoiding the scorching rays of the sun from the window, I looked out and tried to identify if we were nearing our destination. I predicted it was almost noontime, it has been a couple of hours since we robbed the bank.

I squinted my eyes and through the window, the three-storey-mall was already visible a couple meters away. It was quite tall so it wasn't hard to spot it. The elegant, minimalistic furnitures and plants adorning the tall windows and entrances were pleasant to the eye. As we got nearer, I was able to read the logos of the stores. Expensive, Branded and High-end stores were lined up in each floor. I can only imagine how much I'll be spending today because I'm sure I won't be able to count it.

Once Taeil parked the car properly in one of the parking lots in front of the mall, I didn't waste a second and immediately went out of the car. I forgot to mention that the atmosphere inside was suffocating. It was heavy and almost too unbearable for me. It was that typical atmosphere where you know everyone is secretly pitying you and being kind because you had it 'rough'.

We had agreed to split into two groups since we had different needs and wants to purchase. I was with Mark and Doyoung while Taeyong, Taeil and Jaehyun would go together. After a minute or two, everyone was already out of the car. Taeil opened the cover of the cargo bed and each of them grabbed a handful of bucks from the bags of money. I climbed on the cargo bed and took one of my duffel bags. I emptied it and started stuffing money inside. I can't restrain myself, I can afford countless of clothes so why would I? Besides, I can't guarantee that there would be a next time..

I swung the sling of the bag on one of my shoulders and jumped off the cargo bed. "All set?" Taeyong asked and everyone responded by nodding their heads. Doyoung closed the cargo bed and Taeil locked it.

We started heading towards the entrance and before we parted ways, Jaehyun stopped us. "The mall looks like it just opened, so there shouldn't be much people around. Still, be careful and try not to act suspicious." He spoke with authority and seriousness. Everyone listened intently and most of them pursed their lips. They probably forgot that they were wanted criminals already. We weren't supposed to roam around like normal people anymore.

I sighed before I spoke, "Let's meet here at.... Mark, what time is it?" I asked Mark and he checked his watch. "It's 11:27 already" He answered. "Okay, Let's meet here at 12:30, so we have an hour, we can buy food through drive-thru so we don't have to worry" I instructed. Doyoung started walking away and we followed behind, leaving the other men behind.

I looked back to see which way they went, but to my surprise, Jaehyun was looking at me. They haven't left yet, Taeil and Taeyong were talking, probably discussing about where to go first. Jaehyun was clearly not listening. I looked away from him and started looking at where I was walking.

Don't let him distract you, Minjoo.

___________________________

I was having the best time of my life. So far, we've already went through 5 stores and I've spent over a hundred thoused dollars. The salespeople weren't suspicious of us at all. We've been paying a couple of thousands through cash and it wasn't shocking to them considering how rich people often come to this specific mall.

I've been going on a frenzy, buying every peice of clothing I found cute. I bought shoes, bags, dresses and so many more. I didn't forget to buy clothes for Jeju. Mark was doing the same, buying more shoes than clothes, while on the other hand, Doyoung mostly bought clothes. We still had a lot of time left and I knew I was forgetting something.