one | hopeless

The way James Potter looks at Lily Evans makes Hazel sick.  It reminds her too much of what she will never have.  It reminds her too much of who she will never have.  It made her angry that James didn't look at her like that, like she was the only girl in the world.  The only girl who mattered.

Instead of being stared at, she sat at the Ravenclaw table, staring towards James.  The boy who constantly teased her for losing against them in a Quidditch match back in January.   The boy who welcomed her into his home when her father passed away and she couldn't afford to keep her small, run down apartment in Ireland.  The boy who she grew to love more than she initially planned on.

James wore a large smile on his face, speaking to Lily with great enthusiasm.  Hazel rolls her eyes.  

The end of June was approaching, which meant graduation, which meant leaving the place that provided Hazel with a home all these years.  She knew going back to live with James simply wasn't an option.  Sirius planned on moving into an apartment with Remus after leaving Hogwarts and offered Hazel a room there, free of charge, though she still hadn't said yes or no.

She knew she would never get James, and that would kill her for the rest of her life.  No matter how many boys she used to distract herself from him, she always fell back to James.  The boy with the dark eyes and annoyingly messy hair, the boy who considered her one of his best friends, and nothing more.

Hazel plans on getting far away from the four boys, knowing that staying as close as she was to them would be too painful.  She put up with heart break for nearly seven years, once she graduates, she wishes nothing more than a new start.  But with that new start came money for an apartment, money that she did not have.

Taking one more glance at the boy who was deeply in love with a girl that wasn't her, Hazel excuses herself from the Ravenclaw table and retreats back to her dormitory, beginning to pack away some things in her trunk.

i really wanted to write a super short story, so here it is!!  i'll probably be posting one short chapter a day :)  as you can tell, the chapters are VERY short.  it's meant to be a quick read!

gia