fourteen | christmas

Just as Hazel grew bored of her wall colors, she was starting to grow bored of her small apartment as well.  She was looking for apartment near Godric's Hollow so she could be close to her friends once again, though, they did not come cheap.

She was also growing bored of her job at the publishing house, as being a copy editor could only be so exciting.  But most of all, she was growing bored of Dylan.  She was initially supposed to spend Christmas with him, though the plans fell through and she ended up at the Potters house.  

Despite being able to buy her friends nice presents this year, she ended up spending all of her money on her Godson.  She made a trip to Diagon Alley to buy Harry as much Gryffindor merchandise that a baby could possibly have, before realizing she had spent all of her Christmas money.  This lead her to sewing up another batch of sweaters for the rest of her friends, though this year they were all different colors, still sporting their initials in the corner.  She also included one for Harry.

Hazel was greeted warmly at the Potters, walking inside while balancing a stack of presents in her arms. 

"Santa got here a little late this year, huh?" James jokes, Hazel mocking his laugh as she placed the presents near the tree.

"You should be a comedian, you know that James?" She jokes, squishing herself next to Sirius on a small seat meant for one.

James and Lily were ecstatic upon opening all of Harry's gifts for him, immediately putting on nearly everyone Hazel had bought him.  She had to excuse herself to the bathroom for a moment, as for a second there it was a bit too much to handle.  

There are still times where she wonders 'what if', despite it being an idiotic thought.  At times she can't help it, and it was in this moment that she couldn't help it.  She couldn't help but wonder when she would meet someone who made her feel the way she felt about James.

She was broken from her thoughts as Sirius opened the bathroom door to poke his head in.

"You okay McVay?" He asks.

"What if I was pooping?" Hazel questions, as Sirius shakes his head and laughs.

"But you're not, you're staring at yourself in the mirror.  We get it, you're pretty, but we're about to sit down for dinner.  Care to join?"

"Aw, you think I'm pretty?" Hazel says sarcastically, placing a kiss on Sirius' cheek as she walks past him.

"The prettiest girl in the world." He sighs, following her to the dinner table.