five | missions

Remus, James, Lily and Peter were all in Remus, Sirius, and Hazel's apartment, anxiously waiting for the return of Sirius and Hazel. Dumbledore had sent them on a small mission, but despite it being small, it was still incredibly dangerous. Lily held on tight to James' hand, while Remus was making a pot of tea for the whole lot.

Peter continuously sat up from the couch, looked out the window, and sat back down. It was starting to annoy James very much, as Hazel and Sirius would apparate back inside, not appear on the streets outside.

Eventually, the two appeared back inside, though seeming as if they had to put up a fight to make it out alive. Sirius was holding up Hazel, who looked as if she was going to pass out any second.

James, Lily and Peter quickly hopped off the couch, taking Hazel from Sirius and laying her down on the couch.

"What the hell happened?" James asks, then yelling for Remus to bring any sort of healing potions they have.

"He showed up out of no where, it was insane." Sirius states, falling back into a chair next to the couch. Remus then brings in a small first aid kit and some potions, letting out a cuss when seeing Hazel.

Hazel, despite feeling extremely woozy from the blood loss, could still make out that it was James who was tending to all of her wounds. It was James who kept telling her that she would be alright, that everything would be okay. It was James who was cupping her face and looking into her eyes with his, though his were filled with tears.

Hazel wanted that moment to never end, the way James looked at her as if she was the only girl in the world. But as her headache went away and she was force fed some potions and the others eventually left for the night, she realized she was being stupid. Because she would never be Lily Evans, which meant she would never be loved by the one that she loved so much.