four | unrequited

Summer had come and gone.  Fall came with cold weather, fallen leaves and an increase in danger in the wizarding world.  Hazel, despite not wanting to, had finally agreed on joining the Order of the Phoenix, alongside her friends.  This meant seeing much more of James and Lily than she had initially planned to.

The meetings weren't always held in the same place, and today, Sirius had been so kind to offer his apartment, despite it being an utter mess.

Sirius, Remus and Hazel were now rushing in and out of every room, throwing clothes into their owners respective rooms, folding the heaps of blankets that Remus had bought over time and kept on the couch, and trying to hide the rather large trampoline Hazel bought when she was particularly sad one day.

"I can't believe you offered our apartment for this bloody meeting." Remus states, glaring at Sirius as he was finishing up folding his blankets.

"How was I to remember we live in a pigsty?" Sirius questions, earning eye rolls from both his roommates.  "Now, where the hell are we going to put this trampoline?"

"Any ideas Hazel?" Remus asks as he glances towards Hazel, who is scrunched up in a ball on her trampoline.

She had given up on cleaning fifteen minutes ago.

"Let's cancel the meeting." Hazel states.  Remus throws a blanket at her, who, instead of getting up, places it over herself.

Remus sighs, looking towards Sirius who wears a sad expression.

"We know you don't want to see them Hazel, but maybe now it's time to-"

"Move on.  I know, Remus, and I'm trying.  Now please let me lay on my trampoline in peace before everyone arrives and ruins my Saturday."

Sirius walks into the other room, not wishing to hear anymore of this conversation.  Remus quietly mumbles something to himself before following Sirius, the pair ending up in the kitchen. Sirius begins to aggressively wash some dishes.

"You're going to break our only good plate." Remus says.

"Shut up."

"Tell her, then I'll shut up."

Sirius turns towards Remus, his face scrunched up with anger and disappointment.  

"She will never love me the way she loves James, Remus.  And don't say I have a chance, because it's quite obvious I don't.  It's always brought back to him with Hazel, everything to her is about him.  No matter how much I love her, I can't be with someone who will never love me back the same."

Remus takes a seat at the small table placed awkwardly in the kitchen, eventually looking up at Sirius with what seemed to be pity.

"She's never going to move on, is she?" Remus sighs, letting himself fall back in his chair.  Sirius turns around and continues to wash the dishes.

"No, I don't believe so."