two | graduation

Gryffindor had won the House Cup, of course, and Hazel clapped happily when Dumbledore announced Ravenclaw had received second place. She did her best not to glance over to the Gryffindor table, where James had pulled Lily in for a short and sweet kiss.

Graduation came the day after. Shortly after the ceremony, Hazel found herself laying in the warm grass near the Great Lake with Remus and Sirius on either sides of her, James, Lily and Peter on the other sides of them. They were all still dressed in their black Hogwarts robes, though Hazel was wearing a dark blue dress under hers, while the rest were sporting dark reds.

The others were talking about their futures, what would lie ahead of them. Hazel chose to stay quiet, staring up at the clouds and watching as birds would fly by. Sirius nudged her, breaking her out of her trance.

"Did you hear me?" He questions.

"No."

Sirius laughs softly, "I asked if you ever decided to move in with Remus and I."

"Oh. Hmm.." Hazel hums, looking up towards the sky once again, "I suppose it's an offer I can't refuse at the moment."

"That's the answer I was hoping for."

Sirius smiles and places a wet kiss on Hazel's cheek, earning a loud yell of disgust from Hazel as she sits up, causing the others to laugh. James' laugh was the loudest. Hazel watches as his nose scrunches up and he places his hand on his stomach, also noticing as he leans into Lily while doing so. She looks back down towards Sirius, sticking her tongue out at him before laying back down.

She finally joins in the conversation, the group of six discussing what career paths they want to follow, where they see themselves in ten years, etc. She frowns when James states he hopes he is married with children in ten years time, knowing she wasn't the girl who he was imagining that future with.