hyeongjun/minhee [jealous!minhee] [fluff]

minhee doesn't think too much about it.

he doesn't think of the way hyeongjun leaps into serim's arms when they discover they're going to be roommates. he doesn't think of the nearly instinctual, too-natural way serim instantly hooks hyeongjun's legs around his waist when the latter pounces on him in his excitement. or the way they just stare at each other in that lovey dovey manner when hyeongjun's in serim's arms.

they look good together, minhee especially, desperately tries not to think too much in that direction. the thought of serim's cool, boyfriend-like charisma versus hyeongjun's cute, innocent, and sometimes even feisty persona.

minhee also doesn't fail to notice the way they're paired up together in almost every shoot, show appearance, and even social media post. and why wouldn't they be? their chemistry was so natural, even the fans saw it almost instantly.

it's the same off-stage too. in fact, their chemistry and friendship on-stage and off barely held any difference aside from the fact that they had to be asked to hold back their touchiness when on camera. minhee has to constantly keep himself distracted every time the duo does something together, be it a cute selca for their fancafe or a tik-tok video. and lord does woobin give him so much shit for it.

it also doesn't help that serim liked hyeongjun's bed better than his own, and was very vocal about his admittance to that fact. minhee tries to sleep away that thought every single night without fail, willing himself not to think about serim back-hugging hyeongjun, hyeongjun whining sleepily at serim to go back to his own bed, before the two slowly fall asleep cuddling together to the lull of taeyoung's gentle snoring.

did he hate his leader for that? no, not at all. he loves serim as much as anyone else in their group does. he's selfless, he's good-natured, and he's such a fool for his dongsaengs that it isn't even funny (actually no, it kinda is). everyone knows how affectionate serim is, especially to the maknae line, and that's just part of his personality. and minhee was cool with that!

but...did it really have to be with hyeongjun? all the time?

it's unchecked jealousy, minhee's aware of that. hyeongjun's not called a hyung attractor by his fanbase for nothing. minhee's lost count of the amount of times where all hyeongjun has to do is the bare minimum (eg. breathe) and he has senior idols falling for his charms left and right. he remembers one instance where they were on a show with daewhi and the senior literally had to physically restrain himself from going over to coddle the younger boy while the program was still airing.

it was hilarious, that minhee has to admit. it was hilarious, and it was also extremely frustrating to watch.

and yet, despite it all.

deep inside his mind, minhee knows he'll always be the one in hyeongjun's heart. the one hyeongjun allows in his space when he's scared and anxious about their second debut, wallowing in the fear of not living up to fans' expectations. the one hyeongjun goes to when he wants to be alone with his thoughts but doesn't want to be alone physically. because to hyeongjun, minhee was his quiet place, his safe space where nobody could judge him. and minhee never questions it when hyeongjun comes to his room, lays down beside the taller boy while he's watching videos and doesn't do anything else.

he knows he's in hyeongjun's heart by the way hyeongjun calls his name out in his sleep. and his heart tries not to ache at the low, almost apologetic way hyeongjun whines out his name, his "miniyah, i'm sorry" being both endearing yet painful to hear every morning when he's assigned to wake the smaller boy up from his sleep. an ironic reversal of how hyeongjun used to wake him up back in x1.