it's hyeongjun's world (and we're all living in it) pt. 1

hyeongjun loves a lot of things.

he loves the soft baby blue hues of the morning sky, the sound of crinkling grass under his feet, the soft chirping of birds and the gentle melody of bells when he walks past the door to the bakery for his early morning shift.

he loves the aroma of fresh baked goods every morning, the blessed sight of rows upon rows of different types of bread lining the shelves, the feeling of wooseok's arms glomping him from behind and squishing him to his chest because he needs his "daily dose of vitamin song" every morning (or else he becomes woosatan, and nobody wants that).

he likes greeting the ahjumma regulars and being amused when they coo over him, sometimes giving him extra tips for being "super cute, as per usual." and while he doesn't like it when he gets hit on during work (he doesn't have it in him to say no, okay!), he does appreciate wooseok glaring at said customers over his shoulder in warning, which does the trick very efficiently.

hyeongjun loves a lot of things - a great too many things - and sometimes, the things he loves don't always apply to just things.

he falls in love with people faster than he can even process said emotion. and when you're someone like hyeongjun, who has a big heart and a bigger need to love, you're bound to fall in love, and often.

and when he falls in love, he falls in love, hard.

wonjin was his first friend, and his first boyfriend.

hyeongjun was fifteen when they got together, and vividly remembers how the topic even came up in the first place.

wonjin had rolled over on his two poster bed one free afternoon, stared at hyeongjun dead in the eye, and casually asked if wanted to try out this whole "dating thing" with him. hyeongjun's heart fluttered at the very thought of it. of having his very first boyfriend, who also happened to be the same person he loved and cared for dearly since they said they first words.

coincidentally, he was also fifteen when they broke up.

it was nothing personal, really. they had a good run together, and they did all things that they'd always done together when they were just friends. it was as if nothing really changed, just the title of their relationship.

hyeongjun recalls the playful teasing of his friends, especially minhee, when wonjin boasted about how amazing hyeongjun was, how cute and adorable his face looked when wonjin tickled his sides, while hyeongjun pouted and blushed and hid his face behind his hands in embarrassment.

hyeongjun appreciated that nothing changed between them. that wonjin still broke down hyeongjun's door every morning and practically hugged him to death as his daily ritual. that they still walked to school together, and hung out with their same group of friends after classes everyday. it felt nice to have a sense of normalcy when you're dating your best friend. even if wonjin was still as annoying and over-affectionate as he'd always been, pinching hyeongjun's cheeks whenever the chance arose and teasing the younger boy relentlessly for his fluffy reactions.

at that time, hyeongjun thought, this was perfect.

wonjin. his very first boyfriend. his first, and his last. his firsts for everything from then on and in the future. hyeongjun had truly believed in that ideal. fifteen and naive, that absolutely nothing could come in between their relationship.

that was, up until wonjin walked him home from karaoke one fateful night, told hyeongjun to wait, clasped the smaller boy's hands in his own, closed his eyes, and leaned in for a kiss.