pt. 3

(y/n pov)

2:56
hes going to be here any minute. what will he think of my place? oh god..

bzzzzz

"who is it?" i asked through the buzzer.

"its jeff. this is y/n right?"

"yep! cmon up!" i waited in anticipation for him to come up.

knock knock knock.

i clicked the deadbolt open and swung the door back, and there he was.

his blue shirt accentuated his muscles and it was only now i realized how much taller he was than me.

"like the view?" he asked with a smirk.

my cheeks burned something fierce.

"sooo, can i come in or are we just going to stand in the doorway?"

"uh no come in." i stepped aside to let him through. "you could sit on the couch if you want."

(author pov)

he walked over to the mantle on your merely decorative fireplace and picked up a photo.

"whos this?" he asked, pointing to a young boy standing next to you at a river.

"my brother, he lives at home with my parents." you said, gently grabbing the picture and setting it back on the mantle. "he is still in highschool after all, haha."

"highschool? you guys dont look that far apart, how much younger is he?"

"hes 3 years younger than me."

(jeff pov)

that doesn't answer my question.

"so jeff," her voice sounded more bubbly than the first time we met. "how old are you? you said youd tell me later and, as im sure youve guessed, its later."

her tone is completely changed. she's nervous but confident, like she really wants the truth.

"im... 38." i looked into her eyes for a reaction. "what about you?"

"me? im 20." her smile was no longer bright and her eyes didnt meet mine for a long time.
"cool, cool, cool cool cool. want your coffee?" she backed into the kitchen and poured a straight black coffee for me.

she was still going to enjoy my company?

"so jeff, who else is at this acclaimed study group. a bunch of people told me about you and the group. sound like you guys are pretty tight." she stirred 3 sugars and 2 creams into her cup and tapped the spoon on the edge of the sink beside her.

her mannerisms were a lot like annies.

it was comforting in a weird way.

"annie, she was in a blue shirt today im not sure if you saw her. abed, pierce, shirley,"

"like the restaurant in the caf?" she tilted her head and smiled.

"yeah yeah, theres also troy and britta."

"oh, like, britta perry?" she asked.

"so youve met her before?"

"yeah, she talked to me outside spanish."

"nice, you know 2 people already, ahaha."

(author pov)

y/n was fuming.
britta? seriously? the girl who told me to stay away to the first person who talked to me? wow.

"i cant wait to meet the rest, they sound nice." y/n said.

jeff checked his watch.
"hey, its almost 3:45, we should head out soon."

"totally, let me grab my bag."

y/n ran to grab her bag and jeff took another look at the photo at the rivers edge.

20...

-
-
word count- 535