pt. 10

(author pov)
arriving at the entrance of the cafeteria, gaurds stood post.

"hello?" y/n called out.

the gaurds pointed their guns at her, hollering orders in gibberish.

"orange cove monkey on the change purse, jumping spider!"

"hold your fire!" shirley pushed past you. "theyre with me."

they lowered their guns but scowled, trying to look as tough as they could with empty coleslaw buckets on their head.

"halt! weaponry must be left at the entrance." one of the gaurds said. he pushed a garbage can towards you, it was already filled with guns.

you dropped your gun in the bucket and walked into the cafeteria.

damn.

it was so nice, the moon light shining in through the large windows. it was lit by only candles and many people were drinking what looked like hot chocolate or coffee.

"ah! my friends, youve made it!" peirce called from the end of a line of lunch tables.

he was eating some peanut m+ms, looking over what looked like a map.

"what is this place?" y/n asked.

"this... this is my pride and joy. shes the safe zone" peirce said. "a place where everyone can live without fear of paint pellets."

he looked extremely pleased with himself, but he always did.

"listen up peirce, we want paint. y/n could take out every other person in this game by herself. it would be no work for you and all you would have to do is wait." jeff stepped up to say.

"well, thats not entirely true-" you attempted to interject.

"jeff my boy! you forgot one small detail, she would have to shoot me, and my people would never let that happen..." two people appeared at his sides, holding shotguns unlike what they had seen before.

"where did you get those?" jeff stretche out his hands, pushing distance between pierce and himself.

pierce chuckled, almost maniacally. "jeff, there are so many things you dont know..." he waved his gaurds away and took a step towards jeff.
jeff stepped back, trying to keep the distance the same. "now, either get out or join me. y/n cant help you if shes dead."

"wait do you just mean 'shot with a paintball'?" you asked.

"yes obviously." pierce said quickly.

"if you want to win, you should join me."

jeff actually looked scared, but in a smug kinda way.
"i want to win, but im not going to join you. bye pierce."

he walked away quickly and i followed, staying at his side. "is he always like that?"

"pretty much."

word count: 426

authors note—
uhm hey guys! i haven't posted in a long time but ive got some surprises coming your way!! this chapter isnt very eventful but yall have been asking if im dead so no, im not and this is proof of that.
vote and comment, it really helps!!
- your local canadian fanfic writer <3