Chapter 2

The next day, the weather was still cold and overcast even though they were in the later part of spring. However, when Wang Li woke up, he felt as if the low grey clouds were clear blue skies. Xu Chen was still snoring softly when Wang Li had lightly showered, applied medicine to his tattoo and dressed in an oversized shirt and cardigan paired with blue jeans. Wang Li couldn't be considered exceptionally handsome, at best you could say he was a fresh looking ordinary youth. While he was putting on his shoes, Xu Chen finally woke up and asked in a raspy voice.

"Where are you going? It's only 8:00 am."

Wang Li finished tying his laces and swung open the door with a large smile on his face.

"I told you, I'm going to woo Da Ge."

Xu Chen groaned and cocooned his body in his blankets, praying to the gods to strike him down now. You're incredibly shy, how are you going to woo an older man? Wang Li had no time to think about Xu Chen's early mid life crisis and made his way to his favourite bakery. He mostly liked to eat here because the food was cheap, but their breads were also some of the best he had eaten in his twenty years of living.

After picking out one of each flavoured bun and a couple to spare, Wang Li walked to the tattoo studio and sat outside. In his dream-like state of mind, he hadn't thought to check online what time the studio opened and had arrived an hour early. Luckily JieJie and Suo Su arrived together after 30 minutes of waiting. When Suo Su saw him, he couldn't even get a greeting out before he started laughing loudly. JieJie ignored the crazy man beside her and helped Wang Li stand before she rushed to unlock the door and prepare hot drinks for everyone.

Wang Li opened the large paper bag containing the different breads and walked to the seating area, placing the abundance of buns on the small coffee table. Like a hawk Suo Su saw the food and sat beside Wang Li.

"You're such a kind kid. Bringing us old folk breakfast on a cold morning."

Suo Su went to reach out but Wang Li timidly reached out and gripped onto his sleeve. Although Wang Li was confident and loud in front of Xu Chen, when it came to strangers he was like a shy child. Suo Su looked back and saw Wang Li's blush filled face and pulled his hand back as he chuckled.

"What? You gave up on King Kong now you want Su Ge?"

Wang Li Quickly let go of the sleeve and muttered under his breath before he took a deep breath and spoke to Suo Su in a serious tone.

"What is Da Ge's favourite flavour?"

JieJie came in holding a tray of coffees and sat opposite the two men. Suo Su sighed and took a sip of coffee before speaking to JieJie.

"Didn't you tell him last night?"

Wang Li butted in before JieJie could speak.

"She told me but I chose not to listen. I want to woo Da Ge."

Wang Li could see how hard Suo Su was trying to hold back his laughter, the older man could only hold back for three seconds before sprawling onto the sofa and bellowing out with loud laughter, Suo Su laughed until his stomach hurt and he wiped the tears away from his eyes. Suo Su sadly had no time to speak when he saw Kong Da walk in quietly. Wang Li hadn't noticed so he kept quiet and leaned back into the couch thinking this man laughed too much.

"How do you plan on succeeding?"

Wang Li thought about how to answer since he was new to this sort of thing. Suo Su could see in the corner of his eye Kong Da was about to come out of one of the private rooms and was wishing this kid would hurry and speak. Wang Li was about to answer when Kong Da spoke from across the room. The low voice was enough to make Wang Li blush.