Chapter 32

Mr Ma heard what his son said and he immediately made his way to Kong Da's room, Mr Wang had been tucked into bed and showed no signs of waking up anytime soon. The door to the room was already open and he walked in to see Ma Tian and Kong Da slumped against the bed, sitting on the floor with whatever alcohol had been in the mini fridge. Ma Tian didn't look up as he muttered to his Dad.

"They're gone. With that amount of money they could go anywhere."

"But they wouldn't last long son."

Kong Da wasn't really drinking and he handed another bottle to Ma Tian while Mr Ma sat against the wall opposite them. The room was quiet except for the noise made from Ma Tian drinking. The sight made Mr Ma rubb his tired face before he looked across the room.

"Why is there a hole in the wall?"

"I did it, If i didn't throw my phone, I would've done something stupid."

All three men sat in silence again, Mr Ma didn't know what to do as he looked at his defeated sons. The three sat together for an hour, drinking their sorrows away. When Mr Ma finished his own bottle of spirits, his phone rang loudly in the quiet room.

"Who is it?"

"Mr Ma it's the captain, I heard from a worker of mine that the boys boarded the ferry a couple hours ago, it should've reached the port 30 minutes ago."

The phone had been put on speaker so everyone heard. Now that they had a lead, Mr Ma regained some confidence and he made calls to the phuket airport security, telling them to hold the two boys in a private room if they were to come through. After sending a picture of the two boys, he got up from the floor in better spirits than before.

"Sober up now, we leave tonight. I don't think I'll be able to hide this from my darling so we'll meet in the lobby after I call you two."

Mr Ma left the room while Kong Da stood up, he walked back to the kitchenette and brought back a few bottles of water to help sober Ma Tian but when he returned, he knew water wouldn't solve their problems. Ma Tian was laughing at himself again but tears were prickling his eyes, turning them red.

"Do you think he only saw me as easy money?"

"Look at me and tell me you really think Xiao Chen is that type of person."

Ma Tian got up from the floor, his tolerance was like Kong Da's so he didn't stumble or look drunk, however, the stench from his body could tell someone standing in the hallway that he was wasted. He slowly made his way to stand in front of his brother and stared at him with dead eyes.

"Maybe I have my father's luck, I don't want to believe it but there's a small part of me that thinks that all I was to him was an easy escape from a shitty life."

"Then what about Xiao Li, do you believe he would do the same thing?"

The only reply was Ma Tian shrugging his shoulders as he wandered back to where the alcohol was on the floor, Kong Da pushed past him and picked up whatever bottles still had liquid in them, taking them to the lounge before coming back, Ma Tian didn't put up a fight when his arms were firmly grasped and instead let Kong Da tuck him into bed.

"Have a nap and sober up, I'll pack your room."

"Don't even bother with his shit, if he wants anything he can use my money to buy him some more."

Kong Da only sighed as he drew the curtains and closed the door, heavy snores could be heard before he left the suite. In Ma Tian's room, Kong Da packed both his broken hearted friends bags as well as Xu Chen's. In Mr Ma's suite, Mr Wang was waking up and he found his husband staring at him with a saddened look in his eyes.