Chapter 6

Wang Li had returned once again to cloud nine because of Kong Da. He had learned so much about his crush that the feelings for this man only deepened, but his dreamy daze was washed away when BingBing came over.

"Handsome lovers, dinner is ready."

Kong Da's face didn't blush like Wang Li's but he did look awkward for a little bit before he stood up as BingBing skipped away. Wang Li stretched his legs out on the bench, the wood felt warm where Kong Da had been sitting. After stretching he stood up and walked with Kong Da to where the food was. Today was officially Fang Mei's birthday and she had not held back when buying lots of expensive meats for barbequing, as well as the high quality side dishes.

Suo Su was busy grilling meat while the women sat around the table talking and drinking when the pair walked in, Wang Li sat down beside JieJie with Kong Da sitting next to him. They were each given a cup by JieJie before she warned Wang Li.

"Eat before you start drinking and when you've had enough, turn your cup over. No one will force you to drink"

Kong Da stood up as JieJie was talking to Wang Li and walked over to Suo Su with a cup of liquor for him, he chatted with him before two plates of meat were given to him to carry, Suo Su followed behind with two plates as well. Once the food was set down everyone dug in quickly, not waiting for pleasantries. After five minutes of eating Fang Mei began pouring drinks for everyone. BingBing held her glass up and cheered loudly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAOBEI!"

BingBing didn't wait for anyone else to clink her glass and downed her drink before kissing Fang Mei fiercely. Everyone else cheered out a happy birthday and gulped their drinks in one go as they tried to ignore the sloppy kiss, including Wang Li. Usually Wang Li and Xu Chen wouldn't go out to drink on weekends like their roommates, instead they would stay in their dorm watching movies or dramas surrounded by cheap snacks and beer, but he would never drink more than two. Tonight, Wang Li disregarded if he had a low or high tolerance and kept up with all the adults around him, drinking glass after glass of wine and spirits.

The food was demolished by everyone quickly and drinks were being poured whenever cups were empty. Soon after, the camp owner came in announcing that he made a bonfire, if anyone wanted to come over there were free seats outside and their group headed to where the fire was. Although Wang Li wasn't drunk, he knew he wasn't exactly sober and slowed down on the alcohol but he also didn't refuse when someone filled his glass. The group of three men from earlier were around the bonfire too, chatting and drinking quietly. Once Wang Li sat down on the wooden log the camp owner swooped in and sat beside Wang Li, causing Kong Da to sit beside Suo Su. Wang Li  was confused about why this old man chose to sit beside him but it seemed as if he wanted someone to talk to and Wang Li was the easiest target.

"I started this campsite 45 years ago, though, I used it as an Alpaca farm before I turned it into a campsite. I built all the cabins myself."

The old man talked on and on about the history of the camp and his life of living on this land alone. Wang Li at first felt sad since he seemed a little lonely living all by himself but soon became bored when the old man wouldn't stop talking, it turned from a conversation to a life story. His head was feeling a little weird now and Wang Li didn't know how long he could carry on listening when the old man sighed and rubbed his head.

"Young man, thank you."

The old man then stood up and walked to his living quarters, bidding everyone goodnight as he walked away. Wang Li slapped his cheeks to sort himself out a bit and felt the alcohol was having more of an effect on him, even though he could feel the alcohol more, Wang Li still finished what was left in his cup. With no one to talk to now, Wang Li looked around to find Kong Da and saw him laughing with Suo Su, without hesitation he stood up and made his way over to sit on the empty side of Kong Da.