Chapter 2 - The Pop and Talk

Narrators' POV

As Logan continued driving across the town he took out his earphones and wore them listening to his favorite song while riding along, He then noticed a few more familiar buildings as he drove through the town, He saw the "Sunset Canyon Retirement Home" where his Grandfather Albert or what his family liked to call him 'Pop-pop' stayed at. He then stops and got off his motorcycle and turned it off while looking at the building.

He remembered the times when he and his sisters played with their grandfather together when he was younger, or at least before he left this town. He entered the building intending to see how his grandfather is holding up and also because he missed him since he spent with him the longest out of all of his sisters and he was closer to him than the rest of his siblings.

As he went inside, he saw a bunch of elderly people walking past him, minding their own business. Logan went up to the receptionist and asked the desk clerk, hoping to locate his grandfather.

Logan: Hello, excuse me, Maam?

Desk Clerk: Yes, How can I help you, sir? Are you here to visit someone in particular?

Logan: Yes actually, Can you tell me where a person by the name of Albert is, please?

Desk Clerk: I'm sorry sir, but he's not with us anymore...

What the Desk Clerk said immediately made Logan freeze up, He couldn't believe that his Grandfather is no longer alive, but he spoke too soon.

Desk Clerk: He went off to his afternoon walk.

Logan: Oh.

He breathes a sigh of relief because of thinking of the worst-case scenario.

Desk Clerk: He'll be back in a few minutes if you could wait for him, Sir, you'll see him then.

Logan: Okay, thank you, Maam.

Desk Clerk: No problem, Sir.

Logan waited patiently while listening to songs on his phone before his long-overdue reunion with his Grandfather arrives. A few minutes passed by and Logan looked up from his phone and then saw his Grandfather Albert with his white hair similar to his own and he's wearing blue jeans, a white button-up T-shirt with orange suspenders and a black belt.

Logan sees him walking to his room and then followed suit, Albert made a few turns here and there until he finally made it back to his room, He entered inside and Logan waited a few seconds before deciding to knock but the suspense was killing him.

A dozen questions were flowing through his mind whether he should see him, but he built up the courage and knocked on the door.

Logan: (Knocks)

Albert: Come inside, it's unlocked.

Albert said from the other side of the door, Logan grabbed the doorknob and turned it opening the door looking at his Grandfather eye to eye.

Albert, albeit confused, at who he was looking at, but he then saw some noticeable features belonging to the stranger in front of him, which he deemed familiar, for he only knew one other person with snow-white hair this young other than his other Grandchild Lincoln and with those unique eyes he was uncertain at first until he realized after hearing what the man said.

Logan: Been a while, hasn't it Pop-pop?

The only people who would call him that was his family and mostly his Grand Kids, He then realized it was none other than his grandson, the one who disappeared all those years ago, and right now there he was in front of him.