Chapter 15 - House-pitality

Logan already started preparing for dinner after he dropped off his siblings at his parent's house earlier.

He diced some greens and sliced some meat. Checking the various pots placed over different stoves while glancing over the poultry inside the oven.

He gracefully performed his tasks as he took a break and waited for the food to finish cooking. The only sounds that could be heard in the kitchen were the boiling of the pots and sizzling oil of foods frying.

He lowered the heat of the stove as he set a timer before removing the apron he was wearing and the oven mitts included.

He went to the dining room where a long table was placed in the center of the room. The decor and the craftsmanship of every furniture in the room were pleasing to the eye.

He prepared the table as he covered a white cloth over it and various designs of placemats and tableware unto the furniture. Placing enough plates for everyone, including himself. He checked his work and was satisfied with his arrangement.

The food still needs a while to cook. He checked his watch and noticed that he still had an hour and a half before any guest would arrive.

Logan: Huh? Guess I still have time, might as well take a break.

Logan found himself inside his living room and perched himself on the couch. Noticing his phone on the coffee table, he was reminded of a certain someone.

Logan sighed before he reached for his phone. He checked his contacts and landed on a certain name. A name which he had hoped to forget. Any memory related to that very name haunted him.

His mind kept telling him to place his phone down and forget ever having the thought in the first place. But another part of him wanted to confront his problems head-on. He wondered whether he made the right choice or not. 

Can he really leave the life he had before, just like that?

His mind battled against his will. Until he thought of a certain someone, or perhaps certain people. 

His family, his brother, his sisters, and Quinlan or Bella, whichever floats your boat.

What did he think about his friend? Was she just a person he took care of when he was younger for some pocket money? Or was she something more?

Logan came to his senses and reminded himself of the name in his contacts. He pulled through and dialed the number.

Ringing can be heard. He stood up and went towards an open window, he placed his elbow down on the window sill as he rested his head on his palms.

The ringing stopped as the person on the other end answered.

Logan: Hey, been a while hasn't it?

Distinct chatter can only be heard by us. Logan had a sullen look as he kept his phone to his ear while listening to the person on the line.

"Yeah, I guess it has."

*Indistinct Chatter*

"I'm doing fine, You?"

*Indistinct Chatter*

"Not much, to say the least."

*Indistinct Chatter*

"Hey, Uh, listen."

*Indistinct Chatter*

"What was that?"

*Indistinct Chatter*