✕㊄ | Lighted Pathway [1]

+ IF YOU'RE TIRED OF FIGHTING ON YOUR OWN,
IF YOU'RE TIRED OF FEELING ALL ALONE.. I'LL BE
YOUR HOME. [ philip laroue - i'll be your home ]

 [ philip laroue - i'll be your home ]

"It's so empty." Blaze states the obvious, pushing around the candy stick in his mouth as the three of them explored the vicinity. They've been through the entire first floor, finding completely no traces or evidence that would lead them to Solar. "Is this building abandoned?"

Cyclone scours, skipping through the halls ahead of them, arms extended as if he was flying, "Well, I don't see no one!" He chirps, attentive blue eyes scanning the area, "Maybe we're in the wrong building."

"No." Thunderstorm cuts in, "We're in the right place."

"You sure?" Blaze asks, cocking a brow up. It's true; what Cyclone said. They've been climbing the enormous tower for hours now, and getting no information out of it. "I think that we're in the wr-"

"Do you really want to know how I know?"

"How?" The Third Wonder sneers, "If we're wrong, it's on you."

The Second Wonder scoffs, "The info came from your brother."

Thunder smirks in victory, leaving the fuming human boy behind. Blaze's mouth snaps open. Cyclone stares at them both, confused as to why the latter's face had turned entirely red like a tomato.

"Hoh!" The Fifth Wonder lolls his head, stopping in his tracks. "Maybe we've been going in circles. After all, I keep on seeing the same paintings over and over again! This is getting boring!"

"Paintings?" Blaze blinks, his anger dissipating in an instant.

"Yeah!" Cyclone nods, turning around and pointing his index finger at a picture nailed onto the wall next to them. They all stepped close, inspecting the ink painting, "I keep on seeing it."

"Odd." Thunderstorm chides, putting a finger on his chin.

"I don't think I've seen that before." Blaze scratches his cheek, out of habit, a little flustered on the fact that he hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings. "Maybe it's a secret passageway! Just like in those Barbie princess movies.."

"Seriously, Blaze? Barbie movies?"

"Don't judge me!" The boy shouts, face burning this time from embarrassment, "Well, sorry I'm not at least a hundred years old!" He crosses his arms with a huff, "At least I gave you an idea."

"I think it's worth a try!" Cyclone beans, slinging his arms over their shoulders, using his free hands to touch the painting. Unexpectedly, it did nothing as he accidentally washes the paint away, staining his fingers. "Aw, man! Looks like there's no secret passage."

"Back to square one." The Second Wonder grunts, raising his weapon.

"W-Wait!" His brother exclaims, letting them go, "What are you doing?!"