My Parents Have A New Favourite And Its Not Me

I try to continue the conversation without making it weird, "So... now it's your turn to ask a question."

Apparently, he didn't notice me pausing, so he just smiles and continues, "Okay, so what's your favourite..."

We went like that for hours, just asking each other random questions about each other and laughing at the other's answers. After a while of that, we finally put on a movie, of course, it was the first Avengers, but after a while, Tom agreed that we could watch Ferris Bueller afterwards. I have to admit that I enjoyed it, just being able to relax with Tom and feeling like I could tell him anything now. It was refreshing.

When we had gotten well into the second movie Tom said something that caught me a little off guard, "It's Stanley by the way,"

"What?" I say, he hadn't even turned his head to face me, so I was questioning whether or not I had imagined him speaking.

"My middle name; its Stanley." he says, eyes still on the screen, "Thomas Stanley Holland."

Call me cheesy, but something changed between us when he told me that. Don't get me wrong, I still had second thoughts telling him, but looking back, I'm glad I did. "Amelia." I reply, "Morgan Amelia Jones."

Tom nods as if nothing had ever happened, but we both knew something had. A long-lasting mutual trust had been built that day, at that exact moment, and both of us knew it.

(To whoever reads this diary thing that I'm making, yeah I know that sounded cheesy, but it was a feeling I'll never forget, so... deal with it.)

---

Needless to say, my parents absolutely loved meeting Morgan for the first time. Both of them were all over her before she even walked into the door. (Mum was even more excited since she finally had a girl in the family.)

Before we met up I tried to remind my family that Morgan was only staying with me for two months, and not to bombard her immediately. However, my family, being the nicest family in the world, did it anyway.

I could tell that Morgan wasn't 100% okay with it, but I had a feeling that she was doing it more for me than for her.

Little to my surprise Mum and Dad set it up so instead of morgan meeting just them she got to meet the entire family. She got a little spooked by it and had a minor anxiety attack, but we worked through it and she was back to normal in no time.

"Tom I don't know if I can do this, I'm not used to meeting new people-" We hadn't even gotten out of the front foyer before she was already having second thoughts.

"Hey Mor- MJ, you're gonna be fine," I lightly place my hand on her shoulder but she flinches away so I drop it. "If you want we can leave right now and go straight home, but I want you to be comfortable."

Once again I had a feeling she was just smiling through her fear, but she wipes her eyes and pushes herself off of the wall she had landed against. "No, I'll be fine." She lowly chuckles, "I mean I have to interact with society again eventually, right?"