Someone Finally Gives Me Some Life Advice

I stifle out a chuckle. "I like the kid... she's good. But I feel like it's gonna take a long time to..."

"Bond?" Dad finishes the thought.

Mum rinses the last plate and places her hands on her hips. "You want to know my thoughts?"

I sigh, throwing my towel over my shoulder, "Oh god yes, please."

"I'd do something big," Mum states matter-of-factly, "something that shows her that you like her and you're invested in these next two months."

"Okay... like what?" I ask, "What ideas do you have in mind?"

"Well don't you have something big coming up?" Dad asks, raising his eyebrows.

I nod, "Well yeah, I have the Far From Home premiere-"

He throws his hands up, "So there you go!"

I give the both of them a face, "You're kidding."

"100% serious." Mum says, "Get dressed up and show her what it's like. If anything else she'll get a nice backstage tour of the industry."

I go to respond, but I'm interrupted by my phone ringing in my back pocket. Drying my hands, I pull it out and see Harrison's face light up the screen. I mentally scold myself. I hadn't talked to them in a couple of days now and they were probably a bit ruffled with me.

I click the answer button, "Hey Haz-"

"Hey Tom, I got you on speaker with the boys... you wanna tell us what's going on?" I could tell there was a little bit of worry in his voice but it was mainly just confusion.

"Yeah mate, you barely gave us any direction the other day you just kinda kicked us out." I hear Tuwaine in the background.

I sigh, shit I forgot to tell them. Looks like Mor- MJ was going to have to meet some more people.

"Tom?" this time from Harry.

I snap out of it, "Yeah, yeah, sorry. It's just uh... Harry, you remember the other day I was talking to you about that 'Second Chance Children' program with that orphanage?"

"The one down the street?" He asks, "You actually went through with that?"

I rub the back of my neck, "yeah I did and I got this kid named MJ and I took her back to the flat yesterday-"

Haz just laughs at me, "Oh well that explains a lot! You could have just said that mate!"

Relieved, I return the chuckle. "Yeah well, I didn't know how you would react."

"Well of course we want to meet her!" from Tuwaine.

I shake my head, despite none of them being able to see it. "Yeah well I don't know guys, MJ isn't one for meeting new people. I mean, I think one day at a time."

There's a brief silence on the other end. Finally, Harry speaks up, "Well we can always meet her at the premiere; assuming that we're still not allowed back in the flat and we're still invited."

I laugh, "Yeah, yeah, of course, you guys are still invited, speaking of back in the flat... where are you guys now?"

"We're back at my place," Haz says, "My parents took Charlotte and a couple of friends on a week holiday so we have the place to ourselves."