Chapter Eleven

11.

I woke up before Lucian did.

Last night, I had fallen asleep partially on his chest but our positions were reversed this morning. He covered me and exposed his back to the door. With the way his body was positioned, it almost looked like a conscious, protective gesture. His arms wrapped around me and his face buried deeply into the crook of my neck.

But by far, the most noticeable position was his legs.

They entwined through mine, tangling us up in a heap.

His larger weight pushed me into the mattress, and while it wasn't exactly comfortable, it possessed a sort of secureness and reassurance. Taking advantage of his slumber, I observed him unabashedly, hesitantly touching his hair and the tops of the small ears.

He had cute little ears.

He moaned in his sleep, subconsciously tightening his arms around me.

I hitched a breath, grinning madly as his lips and stubble tickled my neck. My mouth pressed together as I tried to keep from laughing.

I failed, obviously.

"Afton," Lucian mumbled tiredly, "why did you have to turn out to be a morning person?" His tone was clearly disapproving. "Why?" he actually whined, his voice hoarse and drowsy with heavy sleep.

"No one said you had to get up," I remarked lightly, amused at how unguarded he was in the morning. His breath was hot against my neck, and before I knew it, his lips were sucking on the thin and sensitive skin beneath my ear. "Fuck!"

I arched into him out of shock and surprising pleasure.

He stopped abruptly.

I thought he got the hint that I wasn't used to this sort of thing, but then he...

He moaned and I felt it.

His arousal pressed against my upper thigh. It wasn't an obscured arousal, either, it was painstakingly noticeable and heavy and big. Lucian rolled his hips a bit, pressing further into me. My breathing hitched.

"I'm sorry." Lucian laughed lightly, not sounding apologetic in the least. "It's morning and it'll take a few cups of coffee to tame him. Or a cold shower. Probably both."

"Him?" I exclaimed with humor despite my rising anxiety. "You actually call your... a him?"

"A thing? You mean my cock." Lucian lifted his head from my neck, flashing a smug grin. His eyes were half-lidded and drowsy. "Say it. Cock."

He looked far too excited as his gaze dropped to my lips, waiting like an eager puppy.

I felt the proof of his excitement stiffen further against my leg. Despite the curl of desire in my stomach, I couldn't handle this. Not yet. "Get off me, Lucian." I nudged at his chest. He laughed as he refused to let me up His fingers wrapped around my wrists before pinning them above my head.

At the unexpected turnout, I found myself momentarily stunned.

My stomach clenched again.

I wasn't going to get aroused. I wasn't going to get aroused...

I was getting aroused.

He loomed above me, his hazy eyes all the evidence I needed to know he wasn't a morning person. Getting up early was second nature to me, much to the envy of Tony whenever we had early track practice.

"You look delightful," Lucian slurred, his tongue heavy.

"I'm going to meet your family today, right?" I tried to get him distracted, but he wasn't falling for my tactic. Instead, he bent down and kissed my neck. "Lucian..."