Yve

The Lucky Lute they call it. It was a local inn in Stakne that was filled with drunk mages and women for a nearby bordello, in any case, even with Valencia's now tattered pinafore dress she borrowed from sorceress Leota, she looked too out of place.

"You are quite a piece of cake." A drunk mage uttered as they entered the inn. "How much for you?" He smiled with his yellow stained teeth and his face was too close to her that she could smell his rancid breath. Just as he was about to touch the princess, Yve stepped in front of him shoving her wand on his throat.

"She's not a harlot." She states as the drunk mage began to back away in fear of his life.

"Where do you find this place, Yve?" Godart asked as he looked around and seeing the number of drunk mages singing songs of old tales with the bard just on the corner.

"I have a cousin who owns this place." She answered. As they began to walk around, Yve accidentally stepped on vomit which no one cared to clean. "Although it did not use to look at this." She said holding herself from vomiting as well.

"Yvie?" A young woman came out behind the bar.

"Roz!" Yve screamed as well, the two mages ran to each other's arms.

"Oh, Yvie, you don't know how glad I am to see you!" Roz exclaims.

"Roz, you look just as radiant as the last time I saw you!" Yve compliments. They let go of each other and smiled. "How are things?"

Roz looked around the inn and places a few strands of hair behind her ear. "It's doing well,"

"The Lucky Lute? What happened?" Yve asked in concern.

"A bordello was built across my inn," She said opening a window to show the bordello. "Just a couple years ago actually, it's quite grotesque but it's honestly the reason why I haven't shut down the place."

"Even so, they can do their business in their own place." She said giving the bordello a disgusted look.

"Well, yes, but it's also princess Valencia's birthday today, so many people are celebrating today." Yve's gaze quickly darted toward Valencia but soon went back to Roz.

"R-Roz!" She said trying to cover any suspicion. "These are my friends, Sir Elian Godart of Mirstone and... and..."

"Sorceress Leota of Mirstone," Valencia finished offering her hand to shake which Roz gladly did.

"Mirstone, wow, just highborn friends, one with a surname too." She comments.

"Elian, L-Leota, This is Rozwyll of Sisne, my cousin." she introduced.

"Pleasure to meet you," Valencia says in a soft voice as she bows herself. Yve quickly stood the princess up and laughed awkwardly. Valencia never knew what it is like to be a commoner, she only knew of them when they introduced themselves to the king: bowing down.

"Roz, might we have a room to stay in for the night?" She asked,

"Unfortunately, I only have one room for tonight." She said as she went behind the bar to look for the key and handed it to Yve.

"That's alright, one room is all we need," She smiled.

"May I ask what brings you to Stakne?" Yve looked at Godart then to Roz.

"Nothing special, I just miss my cousin." Yve gave Roz a small smile and grabbed her hand.

"Well, feel free to come and visit anytime. I do miss our conversations, Yvie." She said squeezing her hand.

"Speaking of conversations, have you heard anything about the king?" Yve asked as they sat down at the table.

"No, not that I know of. All I know is that it's the princess' birthday today, oh and she is going to be wedded to the prince of Veyre? Which I don't think is a good idea." She chuckles as she put mugs of beer on the table. Valencia's eyes lit up.