D - 3

Lisa

I cracked my knuckles while staring at my phone on the table. It has Jennie's number on the screen, with just one click I can call her right now.

But I am battling with the thoughts on my head. Will she picks it up? Is it better to talk to her in person?

"I'll call her if I were you" A girl standing in front of me, with a middle schooler uniform, said. "Just talk to her already" She added.

"She hates me" I answered truthfully, but the girl giggled softly I throw a look on her. "What's so funny about someone hating on me?" Lisa asked her.

"If someone hates you that means they truly care for you, silly" She innocently said. The corner of my lips lifts hearing young girl giving her advice. "And you've been sitting in that table forever, my friends and I are waiting for you to finish that drink" The girl pointing at my unfinished iced coffee. 

"Alright, I'll call her, you can have this table," I said as I stood up and leave the cafe. A cold breeze touches my face. 

I didn't call her right away as the girl said in the cafe. Instead, I find myself walking around Jennie's old neighbour. I played with the warmer in my hands, I am not used to this kind of weather. 

When I felt my legs are freezing I decided to sit down at the waiting shed, where everyone was waiting for their busses. I put my warmer inside my pocket and put out my phone. 

I went to my contacts and scroll to Jennie's number. "Now or never, Lisa" 

My hands are trembling as I click the call button, and I even feel like throwing up. "Damn I never thought I would feel this just by calling someone" I whispered.  

It rang for a few times but she didn't pick it up. Maybe she's busy, should I try it again?

I was about to put my phone to my pocket and go back to my hotel, but the guy next to me stand up all of a sudden which made me drop my phone. He didn't even apologize, geez. Some people need to have manners. 

I kneeled to pick up my phone on the ground. But I heard a noise coming from my phone and quickly turn it upside down to look at the screen, my heart stopped. 

Jennie was on the line. 

I accidentally click the call button. 

Fuck. 

I was trembling while putting it beside my ear to hear Jennie on the other line. 

"Hello?"

My heart skipped a beat hearing her voice again. The voice I missed hearing, the voice I wanted to hear for so long. 

I couldn't utter a word since I felt dry on my throat. I felt like crying.

"I don't have time for a troll, please stop calling me"

With that, he hangs up the call. I stayed at my position, still can't believe that it's Jennie. My attention diverts when a bus stop in front of me. As I watch the door opened, I was more surprised.

She steps down the bus and notices me right away. I looked up as she walks towards me, who was still kneeling on the ground. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I saw the anger in her eyes and felt the pain on my cheeks as she slaps me. Which I deserve.