Out Loud ✔

"Your laughter haunts me
Like a ringing in my ear
You left me long ago, you're still everywhere
I reach out for you
I'm desperate for your warmth."
Out Loud; Gabbie Hanna

-

*TW - grieving, suicidal thoughts*

-

"Jacqueline, can you stop, please?" Jacqueline was in the middle of her violin session when her father stormed into her room, "it's already 10PM! Some people want to sleep and not listen to your...playing," he didn't want to be mean to Jacqueline, but he had to admit that she is not really good. Of course, talent isn't everything, you can basically learn anything if you train really hard. But he is glad that Jacqueline doesn't want to be a professional virtuoso, and she is playing only for fun. His nerves and hearing wouldn't handle that. You should support your children in their dreams, but you have to stop them if they are flying too high.

"Come on, Pablo. Don't be so hard on her," Malaia entered the room too, wrapping her arm around Pablo's waist, "she is just having fun. And haven't you seen how people are partying here? Trust me, no-one is sleeping at this time," Malaia laughed loudly.

"Yeah, but..."

"Don't be so harsh, Pablo," Malaia interrupted him, nudging her boyfriend's shoulder, "you only get better with training, darling."

"Thank you," Jacqueline smiled brightly. Malaia, as an opera singer, usually trains at home, and Jacqueline loves to just sit on the couch and listen to her beautiful voice. She sometimes caught herself being envious, wishing to be that good at something, "but I'm done for today," she said and put her violin down, "where is Kailani?"

"I don't know actually," Malaia shrugged, and at the same time, they heard the door opening, indicating Kailani's return, "well, we know now," Malaia giggled, "I'm gonna ask her if she needs anything," she gave a Pablo a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving Jacqueline alone with her father.

"You don't like my playing, do you?" she asked as soon as the doors closed, catching Pablo off guard. He opened his mouth but closed it immediately. He didn't want to be too honest, especially when she is not feeling the best, "you can say it, because I completely agree. I'm rubbish," she chuckled, but Pablo couldn't tell if Jacqueline takes it all as a joke or not, "anyway, Christmas are in what," she changed the subject of the conversation, looking at the calendar that was hanging on the wall, "three days?!" she yelped with widened eyes, "so soon?" she turned her head to Pablo who just shrugged with a smile, "I swear, I absolutely forgot. There are no signs of Christmas here, this is crazy. Do they even celebrate it?"

"Not as much as in Europe. Christmas is more about spending time with your family, it's a private celebration. People usually decorate their homes, put up a palm tree, but they are usually doing it on Christmas Eve. But it's not a must. If they don't want to celebrate it, that is fine. They can also have their own fest, you can do whatever you want."

"No traditions and rules on Christmas?" Jacqueline raised her eyebrows, "are we still on the same island?"

"They need to take a break sometimes," Pablo laughed, "but don't worry, you won't miss Christmas, but it would be very different," he shrugged, and at that moment, Malaia returned back to the room. Her characteristic smile was suddenly gone, and both Jacqueline and Pablo noticed that something was off.

"Did something happen, honey?" Pablo asked worriedly, putting his arm over her shoulders.

"It's just Kailani. She's been feeling blue recently," she sighed and placed her head on Pablo's shoulder.