Happy ✔

"We were a slow burn to a gas tank, honey
You told me I was worth the wait
I wasn't looking for you, still, you found me
But this explosion feels too great."
Happy; Gabbie Hanna

-

8th May 2021

"And Arthur Leclerc wins the first feature race of this season!" Jacqueline couldn't even describe the feelings going through her mind as she was excitedly jumping in the PREMA garage. A lot of things had happened since her speech on New Year's Eve, the last day of 2019. The following year was overall very challenging for the whole world but positive for Jacqueline in some ways.

Because of the pandemic, she could not visit her family in Solange as much as she would like to. She was calling them every day, but it wasn't as exciting and authentic as talking face to face. On the other hand, she was very aware of the current situation and didn't want to put anyone at risk.

She also quitted her job as Mrs. Leclerc's housemaid. Nothing bad happened between them, Jacqueline simply didn't want to clean her boyfriend's house for a living. It would feel weird. And she also wanted to do something with herself. She felt ashamed that she doesn't have higher education when everybody does.

She was thinking about starting studying again, but she wasn't sure if she had the capability, she always saw herself as not really smart. But the encouragement from Arthur, Kailani, and everybody around her made her apply to the International University of Monaco, and she eventually got accepted. The studies are far from easy, but Jacqueline was determined to finish them. Mostly to prove to herself that she can do it. Even if it means many sleepless hours and the whole day spent glued to the computer screen. But if it means a better future, it is worth it.

As she promised Arthur that night of New Year's Eve, she started visiting the therapist once again. The trauma caused by Ismaël cannot disappear into thin air, although Jacqueline would love it. She was tired of the intrusive thoughts going on inside her brain, awful flashbacks, and feeling detached. She knew that her relationship with Arthur won't work if she doesn't finish her half-written story. You can't start anything new if you haven't finished everything. It was hard for Jacqueline to open her wounds again, it was emotionally exhausting.

If she was going to the therapist a few years ago, she would definitely give up after a few sessions. But now, surrounded by people who love her, she was actually enjoying talking to her therapist, a young girl called Nelli. She told Jacqueline that she might be suffering from Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome caused by staying in an abusive relationship for a long time. Jacqueline knew that it would take some time until she could call herself healed, but it was definitely worth the effort.

The inability to go out didn't stop Jacqueline and Arthur from seeing each other. It was quite the opposite, the young couple was spending a lot of time together. Every day, every hour, every minute. They wanted to see if their relationship is really going to work, they wanted to make it work. They were taking it slow, not making anything official just yet. There was still a lot going on around Jacqueline.

She wanted to start a new relationship when the previous one would be definitely behind her. It was on the day of her birthday when Arthur asked Jacqueline to be his girlfriend. Everything ongoing had ended, it was a perfect time. Jacqueline obviously agreed, she would be stupid if she let Arthur go. Nobody ever loved her the way that he loves her. They have been through so much, and he has been on her side the whole time. Even if the things got ugly, he was there, waiting for her. Sometimes she caught herself wondering what he sees in her.