Satellite, part 2 ✔

"It's funny how a crowded room
Can feel so damn alone
They can't hear my mind
Maybe they're just not listening."
Satellite; Gabbie Hanna

-

*TW - panic attack*

-

The more closer the hour of the ball was coming, the more nauseous Jacqueline was feeling. The confidence she had before was slowly vanishing. She was even playing with the idea that she could turn herself sick, but she simply couldn't do it to him. He seems so excited about the ball, and it would break his heart if she called it off. She has to be strong for him. And she can't be hidden forever, even if she would want to. She has been standing on the edge for way too long.

The knock on the door woke Jacqueline up from her gloomy thoughts. He's here. Jacqueline quickly checked up her hair and make-up in the mirror. Everything is spot on. Jacqueline swallowed a lump in her throat and took a deep breath, standing up from her couch. It's time T. She smoothed out her dress before walking to the door. She took a deep breath before opening.

"Hey!" she greeted Arthur, who was standing behind the door. He was wearing a tux, making him even more handsome than usual. Jacqueline couldn't tear his eyes away from him, and neither could he. He has never seen Jacqueline with her hair being down, they are always in a ponytail or a bun. The sparkling red dress fits her perfectly, showing all her curves. But her bright red lips caught his attention the most. How would it be if he...

"H-hey!" he stammered, putting all his thoughts away, "red looks great on you," he blushed as soon as he said that. 

"Thanks," Jacqueline laughed sheepishly, connecting her hands, "you look..." she was checking her date from head to toes, gently gnawing her lower lip, "good."

"Thank you. Shall we go?" he offered Jacqueline his arm, which she gladly accepted. They were walking in the silence, enjoying each other's presence, their arms interlocked. The light breeze was easing the unbearable heat of the summer night. The sky was clear, and man could spot a few stars if he really focuses. As they were coming closer to the royal palace, Jacqueline's body was tense, her stomach doing wild twists, her heart on its way to jump out of her chest. Jacqueline was trying not to think about it too much, but it's so close. She was terrified of what's waiting for her behind these gigantic doors. 

"Arthur, Jacqueline!" Pascalle shouted at the two youngsters and waved her hand at them enthusiastically. She was waiting for them together with Charles, Lorenzo, and also Charlotte, Charles' girlfriend. Jacqueline doesn't know her well, she met her only a couple of times, always exchanging a few honorific phrases. She is an absolutely stunning young lady and undoubtedly a lovely person. And she is making Charles really happy. Oh, how Jacqueline would love to feel like that too. One can dream. 

"Love your dress," Charlotte noted when they came to the family, sending Jacqueline a kind smile. 

"Thank you," Jacqueline slightly blushed, looking down at her sparkling dress, "yours is beautiful too," she glanced at Charlotte, who smiled brightly at her. The young Monegasque looked like a dream in a navy blue dress, no surprise that Charles couldn't take his eyes off her. 

"So, now that we are all here, shall we go? Arthur, darling, there is something I need to ask you," Pascalle grabbed Arthur's hand, taking him away from Jacqueline. The rest of the confidence she had was suddenly gone. Everybody was following Pascalle and Arthur to the palace, Jacqueline slowly walking behind them, looking to the ground.