Today✔

"Tomorrow isn't promised, this I know
You can't say when the light will turn to black
Just think it over twice before you go, because
Goodbye is forever, no, there ain't no turning back."
Today; Gabbie Hanna

-

When the sun started coming down, Jacqueline grabbed her purse and left the house. Arthur had to go very soon because he had a gym session with his trainer. Jacqueline was a little sad that Arthur had to leave that early, but she understood that he needs to train to be in the best shape and win more races. He has a career he needs to focus on, not able to be with her all the time. And it would be selfish to want this from him.

As she was coming closer to the Hercule port, her heart started beating quicker and quicker, her stomach doing twists. She hoped that she got the message right and this is the place. She didn't know how to act, what to say to them. She hasn't seen her parents in a while, what if they look different now? And then she noticed a tall person standing with his back to her. The person was wearing an expensive jacket, shoes from Italian leather and a fashionable hat. No doubt that this is Pablo Alard, Jacqueline's father.

"I see that you got my message," He turned to Jacqueline with a big smile, his voice smooth like velvet.

"It wasn't that hard," Jacqueline chuckled and folded her arms over her chest, "the greatest hero choking a serpent is Hercules...Hercule in French. I spent so much time reading Greek myths and legends so I remember everything."

"You are wasting your talent, Jacqueline. You are so wasting your talent here," he sighed and cocked his head to the side.

"Well, I don't know who left me here. Without bothering to explain," Jacqueline snorted while looking at the ships parked in the port. She hasn't forgiven them, and she doesn't know if she ever will. They broke her little heart, she still remember that dreadful morning she found an empty bedroom bed.

"That's why I'm actually here. But before that, won't you give your father a proper hug?" he opened his arms, his typical bright smile on his face. Jacqueline hesitated for a moment before wrapping her arms around her father. She might be angry at him, but he's her father after all, "let's go on a walk, shall we?" he offered Jacqueline his arm.

Pablo Alard is a thief, but he is also a gentleman, doing everything with grace and elegance. It's a weird combination, but it works. He always talks with his hostages, he wants to show them that he is not a murderer, he is not a bad guy. He believes in empathy and diplomacy. His wife, Margot, is the complete opposite. When someone's pissing her off or not showing enough respect, she doesn't hesitate to shoot. Pablo would never, and that is often the main topic of their arguments. Pablo is against violence, while Margot has no problem with it.

"I was wondering why are you still here, Jacqueline? I mean, this place must treat you horribly, because of me and your mother. Why didn't you go somewhere else, start a new life there?" Pablo broke off a silence between him and his daughter. There were very few people around them, but they weren't paying any attention to them. They were too busy to even notice that one of the greatest thieves is right next to them.

"I promised grandma that I'll keep an eye on her house. And I guess that I still have hope that things will get better. And it looks like it's happening. I have a job, found a friend..."

"That's so great to hear! Tell me more about it," Pablo exclaimed in excitement while seating himself at the bench, Jacqueline next to him.

"Well, I'm a maid at Leclercs' house."