Prologue

Sachiko Nakamura, the daugher of both Haruki and Chuya Nakamura.

A quiet short 13 yr old girl, despite having very social parents.
She was always alone as a child, never really talked with anyone of her age group. Except one.

Tanjiro Kamado

A bright teenage boy with burgundy hair and Magenta-like scarlet eyes. Always sporting a smile whenever talking with other people. His gentle and happy personality drew attention from a lot of people.

Especially Sachiko herself. Though she was always shy whenever approaching anyone, not having any confidence in her words.

Though, that all changed after meeting and talking with Tanjiro.

~

Sachiko was walking around with her mother in the town, looking at the stores. Her mother told her to stay put while she talked with another lady.

Being the obedient child she was, she stood still behind her mother, hand fidgeting with the white bracelet her father had given her before setting off to work.

She stood there, staring at the pretty flowers in the shop across them, before looking down, her eyes following the sight of a rolling piece of coal, as it hit her foot. Immediately she picked it up, examining the rock before looking up.

A tall boy, fairly 165 cm (5'5). She examined his hair and the hanafuda earrings he wore. She immediately recognized the boy.

"H-hey! Sorry about that. My basket broke from the weight but I managed to fix it."

Tanjiro spoke, gentle energy radiating from the his tone, causing Sachiko to blush a little.

She nodded and put her hand out, holding the coal.
The boy gave her a soft smile before taking the coal out of her hand, thanking her once again before walking away.

Sachiko watched as he walked away. She wanted to talk with him some more. She didn't know why though.

Sachiko then started to have a debate in her head, wondering if she should talk to him more or if she should stay with her mother. She decided to do the 1st option.

Before leaving, she told her mother that she would go and talk with someone she knew, her mother nodding and letting her know to be home by sunset.

As Tanjiro was walking, selling coal to other people, he smelt a familiar scent.

Weird.. Why do I smell a strong scent of Cinnamon  and Vanilla?-

His train of thought being interrupted as he felt a small tug on his sleeve. Turning his face towards the direction of the tug, he looked down at the girl to the left of him.

White hair with light purple dipped at the tips that stopped midway down her back, a shy expression covering her face, her bangs slightly covering her lilac eyes as she looked in another direction, wearing a dark purple yukata, the bow tied around her waist a bright white.

"H-hi.."

Sachiko spoke softly, a bit embarrassed because she just tugged on his sleeve, without realizing that she didn't know what to say until she did the action. She mentally face palmed herself while she spoke.

Tanjiro noticed how shy she was. He smiled a bit on the inside before turning his body towards her to fully face her, smiling at her, thinking about how adorable and innocent she is.

"Hi. What's your name?"

Sachiko looked down at the ground, letting go of his sleeve and fiddling with the white bracelet again before softly saying

"S-Sachiko.. Sachiko N-Nakamura.."

Tanjiro's heart skipped a beat, thinking about how adorable she was and how she reminded him of Nezuko, his little sister. He chuckled a little before speaking.

"Nice to meet you Sachiko. My name is Tanjiro Kamado."

Sachiko gulped before looking up at him with innocent eyes.

"C-Can I help you sell coal?..."

Sachiko whispered, hoping he heard her. Tanjiro smiled and shook his head.

"Its fine Sachiko, You don't have to help me. Im sure you're busy."

Tanjiro was about to turn and walk to the next house before he felt another tug on his sleeve and hearing

"P-please.. I insist."

Tanjiro turned back to face Sachiko and smiled.
He pat her on the head, Sachiko enjoying the action of affection.

"Ok, you can help Sachiko."

Sachiko's eyes beamed with joy as she walked next to the burgundy haired boy, happy that she made a friend.

Ever since, She always found herself around the positive boy. Waking up in the morning to wait for him down at the mountain, walking around town with him until he had to head back up.

Sometimes he would invite her over, where she made another new friend, his little sister named Nezuko. They both got along really well.

Tanjiro's mother also enjoyed Sachiko's visits, sometimes letting Sachiko help cook and watch after the kids with Nezuko.

She even taught Sachiko how to sew and cook a few dishes only the Kamado family knew about.

The little kids were always happy when seeing Sachiko, admiring her beautiful and strange hair. Sometimes she let the kids play with her hair while they waited for Tanjiro to return from chopping wood.

Sachiko loved the positive energy that circulated around their house, admiring the family. She loved how they were always happy, not caring about how little they had in the household.

The only thing that mattered to them was that they were alive, healthy, and together. Sachiko was happy to be apart of that household.

But then a terrible event had occured that changed both of their lives forever.