Chapter 1: Amnesia

Sachiko woke up to sunlight hitting her face. Scrunching her face, she sat up and opened her eyes, rubbing them before looking around. She stretched and then got up and walked towards her closet, changing into her normal yukata that she always wore.

Sachiko greeted her mother, who smiled at her softly before serving them both breakfast.

"Let me guess. You're gonna go see Tanjiro again today?"

Her mother stated while looking at her daughter. Sachiko blushed a little at the question but nodded.
Her mother chuckled and pat Sachiko on the head.

"Alright hun, just make sure to stay safe, ok? I'll be in the town center most of the time. A friend of mine asked for help."

Sachiko nodded and finished breakfast, quickly making her way to the front door. Slipping on her slippers, she waved her mother goodbye before skipping to their meeting spot, and then making her way up the mountain.

Sachiko spotted Nezuko and waved at her smiling brightly. Nezuko walked to Sachiko, smiling as well.

"Good Morning Sachiko. Are you going to help me watch over my younger siblings today?" Nezuko asked her, tilting her head a bit.

Sachiko smiles brightly before nodding her head.
She and Nezuko kept talking before running into Tanjiro and the rest of the family.

Tanjiro was waving everyone goodbye, then turning to meet with Nezuko and Sachiko.
Tanjiro smiled at the two.

"Tanjiro, are you going out to sell coal again?"

Sachiko asked while Nezuko walked up to him and fixed his haori. Tanjiro nodded in agreement.

"Yes Sachi. I should be back before sunset though."

Sachiko smiled at the nickname Tanjiro had given her and nodded in acknowledgement. She turned to the little girl, Hanako, and picked her up.

Both Nezuko and Sachiko waved him goodbye before heading back inside their house, Sachiko greeting their mother.

"Hello Mrs Kamado. I'll be here to help out again."

The lady smiled brightly before turning back to cooking the eggs.

"Please Sachiko, call me Kie. No need for formalities, you're practically like a daughter to me."

Sachiko nodded and smiled before setting Hanako down near the table, then helping Nezuko round up the rest and lead them to the table, where food was already served.

Since Sachiko already ate, she went outside and helped Nezuko fold the clothes that were outside, hanging from a string.

They both talked about what they should and would do today, laughing a little at the jokes Nezuko would sometimes say once in a while.

After folding all the clothes, they both took it and distributed to each of the closets of the person who owned the piece of clothing.

By the time it was the afternoon, Nezuko had taken Rokuta out for a walk while Sachiko stayed behind and played with the rest of the children.

Hanako was playing with her teddy bear on one side of the living room while Takeo and Shigeru were play fighting on the other side. Sachiko smiled at the two but also made sure that things didn't get out of hand.

Hanako then walked up to Sachiko, holding up a hair tie. Hanako looked at the ground before shyly speaking

"C-can I braid your hair?.."

Sachiko smiled and nodded, watching as Hanako beamed with delight. She sat down on the floor so that Hanako could reach her hair, handing her a brush and few hairpins if she needed to use them.