Chapter 2: Pinky Promise

Tanjiro's eyes widen as he felt himself plunge off the side of the mountain, too shocked to scream for help.
He looked to his side to see Sachiko jump towards him, her arm reaching out to him.

He tried to reach out, but couldn't move. He watched as Sachiko grabbed onto his arm and pulled herself towards him, flipping him so that he was ontop of her as they were falling. He felt sudden warmth as she wrapped her arms around his waist and braced for impact.

Plop

Sachiko groaned a little in pain at the impact of Tanjiro's body landing ontop of hers. Tanjiro quickly got up, uttering apologies and helping her up.

Sachiko brushed the snow off her and examined her stomach by applying slight pressure in that area. No pain. She looked up and she saw the boy run off to the girl, shouting.

"Nezuko! Get on my back! I'll carry you to safety! We can go see a doctor! You don't have to walk out in the snow-"

Tanjiro stopped as he saw Nezuko lunge at him, his eyes widening as he heard her growl. He dodged her biting and pulled out his hatchet, blocking her from biting anymore, as they both fell to the ground.

Sachiko watched, not knowing what to do. Her eyes looked around, hearing someone running from a long distance, before turning her attention back to Tanjiro.

"Nezuko! Hang on Nezuko! Don't give in! Stay strong! Please!!"

Tanjiro kept shouting before stopping, feeling teardrops fall from Nezuko's eyes. He was caught in the moment before following Nezuko's eyes, seeing a male figure in the air, holding a sword.

Before either of them could move, He struck down.
Tanjiro's back hit against a tree, feeling Nezuko in his embrace. The snow cleared and he looked around to observe the situation.

The male figure looked shocked and confused. His dark blue eyes darted to the person who pushed the two out of the way.

Sachiko was standing there infront of him, her arm bleeding as the sword was stuck in her forearm. Her pupils had turned into X's as she lowly growled at the male figure, baring her teeth, sharp fangs exposed.

She kicked the male figure in the stomach, sending him back a few feet, pushing his sword out of her arm. Wincing at the pain but realizing that her arm had healed.

She looked back up at the male figure and crouched down a bit, taking a defensive stance.

Tanjiro then turned his attention back to Nezuko, who was growling and trying to run away, but kept her put by wrapping his arms around her.

"What are you doing boy? Don't you know that's a demon? Nonetheless, the same situation for the one over here?"

He pointed towards Sachiko, who was lowly growling at him, her haori on the ground.

"T-This is my sister! I was taking her to a doctor to get help! A-and that's my best friend!"

"You call that thing your sister? And that one over there your best friend?"

The male figure's face contorted into frustration and confusion as he swiftly dashed towards them, Sachiko watching, not noticing he even moved towards them.

Tanjiro ducked, thinking he was gonna slash them but then looked up to see him holding his sword, and holding onto Nezuko as well.

"Nezuko!"

Tanjiro shouted, hurriedly getting up on his feet and about to dash towards them.

"Don't move!"