Chapter 5

A/N: OH MY GOSH!!! OVER 1K READS!!! THANK U ALL SOOOOOO MUCH!!! It means a lot to me that so many people have read and supported my work. Anyway, thank u again, and I hope you enjoy Chapter 5!

Marinette's POV:

It's the end of the day, the bakery's closed, Manon already came over and was picked up, and I finished having a delicious dinner with my parents. I'm about to head upstairs to go and get ready for bed, but my parents stop me.

"Marinette, your mother and I have something we'd like to tell you. The bakery's been doing well, and we've always thought we'd expand eventually. We would've done it sooner, but you came along, and we didn't want to up and move away while you were still a baby. By the time you were old enough, and we were considering it again, Hawk Moth came, and everything became a bit hectic."

"What your father is trying to say, is that we're going to be moving to open another bakery in a new location. We've already interviewed several people who might end up taking over here, and we've found someone who's suitable. Honey, I'm sorry we didn't tell you this earlier, and I know this is a bit sudden, but we weren't going to go through with it if we didn't find someone to take over. Your grandfather has offered to help out around here while the new staff gets used to how the bakery's run."

I only nod, because I'm still processing the fact that I'm moving out of the only home I've ever known. Maman must see my sorrow because she quickly reassured me. "Oh, don't worry honey, we'll still own the bakery. Besides, If we ever decide to come back, the house portion of it is still ours. No one else will be living here, apart from your Grandpa when he helps train the new employees. 

I brighten a little, relieved that we're not entirely letting go of the house. I'm still a little confused though. "Where are we moving to?" Papa gives me a sad smile. "We know most of the students at Dupont have been giving you a hard time. And we know that Lila has been the ringleader in most of it. We are aware that she's moving, but that doesn't mean her influence won't stay. You will be attending a different school once we're situated in our new home, and we've already enrolled you."

Mamon speaks after Papa finishes explaining. "We won't tell you exactly where we're moving, but don't worry, you can still call all your friends whenever. Speaking of which, shouldn't you call Alix soon. You haven't talked to her in a few days."

"Your right, I probably should call Alix. And don't worry about me, I'm excited we're moving. Might be a nice change of pace." I smile at them and walk up to my room. I close the trap door and head to where I keep the miracle box. Tikki flies out of my grey hoodie pocket and gives me a questioning look.

"What are you planning Marinette? I know that look, and you have an idea." I nod my head and start to explain what I'm thinking. "We still aren't any closer to figuring out Hawk Moth's identity, and the Akuma's are getting stronger. I'm basically by myself, and every time I need help, it's a bit of a hassle finding the temporary holders. I can barely keep Paris safe while I'm in the middle of where more than half of the akumatizations take place, what happens when I'm even farther away? We might be moving out of Paris, or even moving out of the country. I was thinking that If that ends up being the case, I could use Kaalki and the Horse miraculous whenever I need to get to a fight in time."

Tikki nods and gives an encouraging smile. "I think that's a great idea Marinette!" "Thank you, Tikki." I glance at the clock to see it's getting late. I should call Alix now. I grab my phone and push the facetime button on Alix's contact. It rings for a few seconds before she picks up.

"Hey Mari, It's been a while, I was starting to think you forgot about me." I smiled at the pink-haired girl on the screen. "Me, forget about something? Never." She smiles and I start talking again.