chapter 22

//my writings changed lol, its now third person btw, sorry :>

"Stupid fucking birds, stop moving!"

Y/N groaned, a headache forming as she struggled to take a single picture of one of the birds in the tree. If she had known it would have been this difficult, she would have found a different way to get the info out of Kim.

"Yes!" She pumped her fist in the air, a sign of victory as she managed to snap the picture of the small animal.

She smirked as she walked back inside. Her idea was genius; she'd bribe the poor lunch lady into giving her what she wanted.

She pushed open the cafeteria door, mumbling "I hope this works," under her breath, before planting her feet in front of the counter.

"Kim, I've got something for you," she held her arms out, handing the photo off to said person.

Kim inspected the photo, her eyes brighting up just the slightest. "What's this? Picture of birdie...? For me?"

The H/C girl hummed in response, folding her hands behind her back, rocking bath and forth on her legs.

"Mhm, just for you. A small thanks for all the hard work you do."

"You are sweet girl, Y/N, thank you," Kim's lips turned up at the edges, warming up the girl's heart.

"So, I was wondering if you could tell me where you get the bologna from?" She asked hopefully, her voice sickly sweet.

The lunch lady's smile was immediately wiped off her face, the scowl back as fast as it went. "What you so interested in bologna for?"

She bit the inside of her cheek, her eye twitching slightly. She just wanted this to be over.

"My friends and I absolutely love it, and we were wondering where— and if— we could get some of our own," she lied straight through her teeth, keeping her calm composure on her face.

She usually wasn't this moody, but this whole thing was ridiculous.

"It's made local, by Ms. Packerton. One hundred percent beef. She brings from farm once a week."

What?

Kim reached down, grabbing a few more slices of meat with her gloved hands and shoving them into Y/N's face.

"Here, some extra meats for you and your friends."

She almost threw up, the sensation to gag burning in her throat, before she swallowed the bile down, forcing her best grin.

Focus, Y/N! You're on a mission, dumbass.

"T-Thank you, Kim!" She took them gingerly in her hands, before sprinting away so fast from her it put Usain Bolt to shame.

"Finally! Holy fuck!" She chanted as she ran down the hallway, glad the whole ordeal was over.

She opened the door to the science lab, waving the slices of meat in the air like she just won a trophy.

"Y/N!" She was quickly engulfed in a bear hug, the embrace belonging to none other than her wonderful boyfriend, Sal.

"Woah, what a pleasant surprise." She giggled, wrapping her own arms around his skinny frame. He didn't do PDA often, so this made her happy.

"You two are cute. Did you get the meats?" They let go of each other at the sound of Todd's amused voice, Sal's ears blossoming at his comment.

"Yes, sir!" She replied back enthusiastically, slamming the bologna in front of him with a proud smirk.

Todd placed them down onto the plate, observing them through the microscope. Ash walked over, slinging an arm around the shorter girl's shoulder.

"Anything else?"

Y/N nodded, frowning as the words ran back through her mind. "Supposedly it's made by Ms. Packerton."

"What?" Larry's confusion was apparent, and she couldn't blame him. "How? Last time I checked, she still lives at the apartments. There's no way she can make her own lunch meat."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Something has to be off," Y/N agreed, placing her finger under her chin thoughtfully.

Todd looked up from what he was doing, and turned to the four of us. "Well, perhaps she holds multiple jobs? Teachers don't get paid as much as you would think they do," he looked down, scrunching his nose at the bolgona, "however, whenever she's home she makes a lot of noise. It's quite peculiar."

"So, what should we do?" Ash asked under her breath.

Everyone stayed quiet, our eyes glued to the floor with our brows furrowed in frustration. That was, until Y/N suddenly clapped her hands together loudly, startling everyone.

"Let's raid her classroom!"

"Hell yes!" Larry immediately agreed, giving her a high-five.

Sal, Ash and Todd watched with a deadpan expression on their faces, before Sal sighed with a nod.

"Fine, let's do a little snooping. I don't like the way this is playing out."

"Yay!" His bouncy girlfriend cheered, kissing the cheek of his prosthetic. The bluenette smiled, ruffling her hair.

Ash giggled looking at them, "Todd and I will stay back here, you three can go."

The trio soon left the lab, Larry far ahead of them. His longs legs were too much for their short ones, their strides slow.

"Do you really think something weird is going on?" Y/N asked when Larry was out of earshot.

Sal nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Without a doubt."

//i ate an entire pizza in 8 minutes while writing this

YESSS WE'RE LIKE 1K AWAY FROM 10K READS ILYYYYY GUYSSSS