Chapter 2

"Hey, Gree get down here!" I hear my brother Bash yell from the first floor of our two story home. I look at the clock on my tv stand across the room and notice it's 2PM.  The meeting starts at 2:30. I'm so excited! He must be calling me down to discuss the meeting.

   I quickly jump off my bed and stubble down the hall then stairs. I get to the living area to find all my brothers standing in a line like a wall of warriors. Mont steps forward and suddenly Nix yells " you can't meet your mate!" Everyone looks at him like he's ruined some big secret or something. I start looking around trying to piece together what they plan to do but I can't seem to figure it out.
   "Look Gree, we talked to the alpha and he accepted our request to be exempt from the meeting. Due to this being an important meeting though, he will be coming over for dinner to discuss the topics of the meeting with us individually." Mont steps up and fills in the gaps for me. "No! You can't stop me from meeting my mate! It's not fair. You all got to meet your mates. Why can't i?" I yell back in defeat. They all look slightly guilty knowing they caused me hurt but no one said a word. After a long silence filled with stares I rush up to my room in disbelief.  I can't believe they are forcing me to stay home. I just want to meet my mate. It's not like I'll run away with him. 

   Around 5 Bash and Will come up to help me get ready. Bash loves doing makeup and he has an extreme talent for it as well. As for will he likes to criticize my every choice in clothing. Once I'm dressed in a slim white summer dress and a petite pair of gold heels it's time to start dinner. I shook down and began fixing a feast for the alphas' visit. I start with a nice garlic and parmesan bread. I prefer to make bread from scratch , they just taste so much better that way. Then I make a salad filled with lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes and top it with a homemade vinaigrette dressing. Finally I make my famous ginger and wine spaghetti. I decided since the alpha is visiting I add a dessert so I begin making fried ice cream brownies.

   Just as I'm about to finish up I hear the doorbell. That must be him! I rush to finish up as I hear my brothers in the next room greeting our alpha and leading him to the dinner table. I quickly enter setting all the food out and go to your wine. As I reach the alpha I bow my head avoiding eye contact to show my respect. As I get closer I smell the most amazing scent of cinnamon and my wolf starts going crazy. I've heard in the past that you can only be sure of your mate by making eye contact so I quickly look up and scan the room. The only people here though are my brothers, their mates and the alpha. As I reach the alpha I glance up just to be sure and as I do he stands abruptly. " what is your name girl!" The alpha tells in distaste.  Sensing an approaching rejection I immediately cower away into the corner. 

   Alpha Kalib is my mate. How can this happen? He has already made it clear he plans to make my brother's ex mate Luna. He will never choose me over that whore. I don't think I can handle this. My brothers all slowly catching on to what's happening stand one by one watching to see what happens.

    "I asked what is your name girl!?" He screams out at me again. " g..g..Fresh Bane.. sir" I responded hesitantly. Then without hesitation he says the most painful words I've heard in my entire life. " I Kalib Whitefang alpha of the white fang pack reject you Great Bane as my mate."